Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Lucy Kennedy show!?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭Heckler

Tuned in last night. As soon as I saw PJ Gallagher I turned off again. Nothing against him in particular although I don't find him particularly funny just the fact that it's the same faces every. ****ing. time. with these shows. You could nearly predict who is going to pop up on Kenny, tubridy, kennedy every week. Its such an incesteous (sp) pool of RTE semi-celebs.

About 10 "celebs" appearing on the main chat shows.

1. PJ Gallagher
    2. Jason Byrne
    3. Cecilia Aherne
    4. Pauline McGlynn
    5. Mario Rosenstock
    6. Any older female author whose written a ****ty book. i.e. Maeve Binchy
    7. Any one promoting a TV show i.e. Seoige
    8. Des Bishop and his effin immersion joke
    9. Dathi o shea the annoying spud munching culchie mother****er
    10. Any judge on a crapassed irish "search for talent" show. See no.9 for example.

Expect to see all judges from "Ireland got talent" on said shows in the near future.

11. Shane ****ing Lynch (see above. Honourary mention)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

mulphisto wrote: »
    Have a look at the end credits next time.
    Pretty sure it said that the two Gildeas (Kevin and the sister that was on the show) were the script writers.

This explains everything.
    Kevin Gildea only has to speak in order to hurt my ears - WHAT kind of accent is that?
    Anne Gildea - formerly of seriously unfunny "comedy" troupe, The Nualas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

Dudess wrote: »
    Kevin Gildea only has to speak in order to hurt my ears - WHAT kind of accent is that?
    Anne Gildea - formerly of seriously unfunny "comedy" troupe, The Nualas.

She had SCRIPTWRITERS?!eek.gif
    Jesus wept.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Heckler wrote: »
    Tuned in last night. As soon as I saw PJ Gallagher I turned off again. Nothing against him in particular although I don't find him particularly funny just the fact that it's the same faces every. ****ing. time. with these shows. You could nearly predict who is going to pop up on Kenny, tubridy, kennedy every week. Its such an incesteous (sp) pool of RTE semi-celebs.

1. PJ Gallagher
    2. Jason Byrne
    3. Cecilia Aherne
    4. Pauline McGlynn
    5. Mario Rosenstock
    10. Any judge on a crapassed irish "search for talent" show. See no.9 for example.

Expect to see all judges from "Ireland got talent" on said shows in the near future.

You forgot number 12 Tommy (The Tool) Tiernan.
    I would put on a bet that he will be on Kennedy in next couple of episodes.
    He jumps around like a monkey and she laughs like a donkey it will be like an episode of animal planet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭segaBOY

Sam Kade wrote: »
    You forgot number 12 Tommy (The Tool) Tiernan.
    I would put on a bet that he will be on Kennedy in next couple of episodes.
    He jumps around like a monkey and she laughs like a donkey it will be like an episode of animal planet.

:D Well said!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

this thread has two of the best posts i have ever read on boards.ie, well done to the authors. If ye were presenting the show it would prob be better than the job she does of it.
    yamo wrote: »
    whoever edited that should immediately get the head of entertainment commissioning job in RTE.

And even that was about 90 seconds too long. she is like one of those overpreened, overbearing southside twits who base their standing in life on whether or not they got into the VIP area in Krystle on Saturday night. The kind that end up in their late thirties, drinking a bottle and a half of chateauneuf du pape before lunch in their large soulless house somewhere near the Merrion Centre before their adulterous husband comes home after another day working for Daddy.....
    zealberg wrote: »
    Where to begin...

This was a "no-one-cares-anymore" tv show

Upon viewing I immediatly vomited on the sofa; and subsequently was overcome by dark impulses which are best left undescribed.

Sadly the 'modus-operandi' reflected in this TV show is somewhat indicitative of the entire ZEITGEIST of this entire country.

We are a constipated nation, run by a pock-faced and pencil/brass necked elite whose anorexic ****headedness has prolapsed whatever germ of originality and creativity may have been left, post christian-brother buggary.

You could see she was in awe of Ryan Tubridy (in itself a damning indictment), who had a smug "i'm used to this sort of thing" veneer going on.

The comedians may have had 'current', forward-swept haircuts but even this could not detract from their brutality.

I felt like i was eating three weetabix with no milk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Maybe I'm going against the grain here, but here's my 4 main points (some plus, some minus):

1) It was better than a lot of stuff on RTE
    2) The guests were FAR too incestuous, and was it REALLY her da on the piano ?
    3) While it was the cause of the odd cringe, it was strangely watchable and slightly quirky - a lot more than can be said for Dan & Becs or Kathryn Lynch or a lot of "comedy" that RTE puts on
    4) I still would ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    4) I still would ;)

ha ha:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

4) I still would ;)

The same could be said for you and anything with a pulse though, yeah? ;)

As for comparing it to Dan and Becs - well it's not in the same category. Whatever about what you think of the two shows - Lucy Kennedy's chat show is light entertainment and Dan and Becs is comedy.

• Advertisement

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    The same could be said for you and anything with a pulse though, yeah? ;)

Nice try!!! And I can 100%, undeniably and categorically say "Nope! You're wrong".

Then again, that "no" is facilitated because you said "anything with a pulse", which would include animals and men! :eek: :D

In all fairness, though - I've been known to have SOME standards, and sometimes they are reasonably high; there've only been a few WTFWITs. :D
    AnonoBoy wrote: »
    As for comparing it to Dan and Becs - well it's not in the same category. Whatever about what you think of the two shows - Lucy Kennedy's chat show is light entertainment and Dan and Becs is comedy.

Wasn't really talking about categories - just that I stayed watching the LK show while I switched off D&B after 2 or 3 mins.

Wonder what Gaybo was like on his first ever LLS ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

Wonder what Gaybo was like on his first ever LLS ?

He may not have been 100% polished
    but I bet he wasnt like this either:
    A national treasure if ever there was one:

1.God my 500th post was about that bint :(
    2.God ive 500 posts, when that happen, need to get out more :(:(

To be fair, that's not a clip from the show in question.

Also, Gaybo would have had an ACTUAL celebrity to work with, not a son of one who's actually a nobody himself but has been hyped up as a somebody by tabloid TV.

To be fair, that's not a clip from the show in question.

Also, Gaybo would have had an ACTUAL celebrity to work with, not a son of one who's actually a nobody himself but has been hyped up as a somebody by tabloid TV.

No, it was humour, and a dam good go at it too, even if i say so myself!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 lostdoggy999

elshambo wrote: »
    Seeing as i started the thread i thought it would be rude not to turn it on;)
    I lasted 2 mins, same sh*t different shovel

Who were the comedians?
    The guy from the kit kat add is actually funny if you see him live

If they were all doing xmas stuff it was probably under orders
    Suprissed they didnt just tell RTE to fu*k off

Guess Bill Hicks was right, once you do an advert you sell your soul:D

That's mad, I just seen this guy in the comedy club in the international bar earlier tonight and he was hillarious. I saw him do the support of podge and rodge in Vicar St and he blew them off the stage. The mad thing is, someone in the audience was heckling about being in the kitkat adverts and he took it really well, he came back with some very quick putdowns. How mad is that? I want a bobble head Ray please.
    I also found some of the ads on youtube and they are funny as fuk
    here they are
    http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=dLXU0k82xDQ
    http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=8uYTbYUnICE
    http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=9uzO82Ko-Hc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

spadder wrote: »
    I’m not great with maths, but how many permutations could there be of every minor Rte celebrity interviewing each other on their own chat show?

N *(N-1) / 2, where N = the number of minor rte celebs :)

For 10 "celebs" (ahem), that would be 45 different interviews, at 15 mins a pop that would be 11¼ hours of ..err..quality programming:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 johnfurlongfrom

Yakuza wrote: »
    N *(N-1) / 2, where N = the number of minor rte celebs :)

For 10 "celebs" (ahem), that would be 45 different interviews, at 15 mins a pop that would be 11¼ hours of ..err..quality programming:eek:

wow, my head hurts trying to do those numbers. how are you so brain active right now? Ouch!....but yes I agree rte minions getting to chat to each other. If I paid a licence fee I would go berserk, but I don't, so I won't.

I see it's online now, I will give it a watch and see do my vodka eyes make it a good show.

http://www.rte.ie/tv/lucykennedy/archive.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

spadder wrote: »
    I’m not great with maths, but how many permutations could there be of every minor Rte celebrity interviewing each other on their own chat show?

enough to fill a schedule?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

She has a failure of a chest

Huh?
    no personality , no humour and I would give her about a year.

It's a 5 show pilot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Pianist2891

Cross post this thread to my blog?

IT would be cheaper for RTE to just put a 24 hour camera in the canteen, its not as if we get anything other than RTE morons interviewing each other and the general back slapping mediocre garbage! Tubridy, Kenny, Ryan, Flood, Morahan, Courtney, Ormond, and now the dumbest person to grace our screens - Lucy! Barf barf barf!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

we asked for pilots and now there using, the its only pilot excuse.... for everything , 5 shows is not a pilot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

ah now they using, the its only pilot excuse.... for everything , 5 shows is not a pilot.
    its just an orange stick to beat us with

Is it a rip off of Alan Partridge.

That's mad, I just seen this guy in the comedy club in the international bar earlier tonight and he was hillarious. I saw him do the support of podge and rodge in Vicar St and he blew them off the stage. The mad thing is, someone in the audience was heckling about being in the kitkat adverts and he took it really well, he came back with some very quick putdowns. How mad is that? I want a bobble head Ray please.
    I also found some of the ads on youtube and they are funny as fuk
    here they are
    http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=dLXU0k82xDQ
    http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=8uYTbYUnICE
    http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=9uzO82Ko-Hc

That mad alright paddy!:eek:;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 zealberg

there was a script?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

I really didn't see a point to her show. Tubridy is on the tele every Sat night and the radio every day - is there any need to interview him? And the 4 goons sitting around the table - again was there a point? Did i detect some humour there? - no! I won't be watching again.
    I'm sure she's a nice girl, but she's got no talent as regards television presenting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Leaderbored

Jesus.

Ryan Tubridy has a slot on Rté where he interviews Gerry Ryan.
    Gerry Ryan has a slot on Rté where he interviews Blaithnaid Ni Choifaigh.
    Blaithnaid Ni Choifaigh has a slot on Rté where she interviews Grainne Seoige.
    Grainne Seoige has a slot on Rté where she interviews that chap off the National lottery farce who looks a bit like Dermot O Leary.
    That chap off the National lottery farce who looks a bit like Dermot O Leary has a slot on Rté where he interviews Lucy Kennedy, now,
    Lucy Kennedy has a slot on Rté where she'll interview Ryan Tubridy.

Of course we need another chat show presented by another Rté loose end. It's vital we know what the Rté staff do in the hour or so per week that they arent interviewing each other.

This should be printed out and sent to Rte by everyone in the country every day until the hurt stops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

Heckler wrote: »

1. PJ Gallagher
    2. Jason Byrne
    3. Cecilia Aherne
    4. Pauline McGlynn
    5. Mario Rosenstock

Let's not forget the ever "entertaining" :rolleyes: Brendan O'Carroll

I've a question. When Ryan Tubridy (or any of the others mentioned above) are "guests" on a show like this, are they "working" and therefore paid ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

I've a question. When Ryan Tubridy (or any of the others mentioned above) are "guests" on a show like this, are they "working" and therefore paid ?
    Doubt it. RTE's cost cutting/lazy measures are killing its viewers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭mcscrub

wow, my head hurts trying to do those numbers. how are you so brain active right now? Ouch!....but yes I agree rte minions getting to chat to each other. If I paid a licence fee I would go berserk, but I don't, so I won't.

I see it's online now, I will give it a watch and see do my vodka eyes make it a good show.

http://www.rte.ie/tv/lucykennedy/archive.html

I haven't seen it yet.... and guess what, it seems like it's no longer available! From what I've read on this forum though, it doesn't seem like a major loss!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Shane10

i think lucy is getting a hard time on here, i quite like her. at least she natural in front of the camera. ya ok the show the other night was a bit dodgy but she just seemed nervous. and as for that pj gallagher, so bloody annoying jeezus.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭ben bedlam

Shane10 wrote: »
    i think lucy is getting a hard time on here, i quite like her. at least she natural in front of the camera. ya ok the show the other night was a bit dodgy but she just seemed nervous. and as for that pj gallagher, so bloody annoying jeezus.

WTF? A 'natural'? Lucy Kennedy has all the stage presence of a tangoed Pat Kenny. That coupled with her man voice and witch cackle is unbearable. There is nothing in any way appealing about her as a female tv presenter. Look at some British counterparts: female presenters like Holly Willoghby have style, grace and likeability, everything a presenter should have. RTE somehow seem content in rewarding mediocrity. Whats next- Lucy Kennedy doing the Late Late?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

ben bedlam wrote: »
    Whats next- Lucy Kennedy doing the Late Late?

Or the Six One news. She could talk about farts with Dobbo.

Natural me arse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

WTF? A 'natural'? Lucy Kennedy has all the stage presence of a tangoed Pat Kenny. That coupled with her man voice and witch cackle is unbearable. There is nothing in any way appealing about her as a female tv presenter. Look at some British counterparts: female presenters like Holly Willoghby have style, grace and likeability, everything a presenter should have. RTE somehow seem content in rewarding mediocrity. Whats next- Lucy Kennedy doing the Late Late?

HOLLY WILLOGHBY????? Xtra factor presenter???? God you could have choosen anyone, and you went with Holly Willoghby????? (I hope she is the person I am thinking of) Annoying girl.

As for Lucy Kennedy :( This is RTÉ's version of Lily Allen's BBC THREE show. :eek: Why bother? Oh look I am on a couch and I am flurtasious, If Lily Allen's show wasn't bad enough.

Elmo wrote: »
    HOLLY WILLOGHBY????? Xtra factor presenter???? God you could have choosen anyone, and you went with Holly Willoghby????? (I hope she is the person I am thinking of) Annoying girl.

As for Lucy Kennedy :( This is RTÉ's version of Lily Allen's BBC THREE show. :eek: Why bother? Oh look I am on a couch and I am flurtasious, If Lily Allen's show wasn't bad enough.

It was just an example of how most female presenters in other countries wheter you personally like them or not, are more graceful and competent

holly is a babe but its not a competition. im willing to give lucy some time to see how it goes.

It was just an example of how most female presenters in other countries wheter you personally like them or not, are more graceful and competent

Holly Willoghby is a fake, perhaps she suits Xtra Factor but is is dreadful as was the original host of XFactor how always seem to run people of the stage and had no time for the contestants IMO.

Holly Willoghby is anything but stylish, gracful or likeable. She is more stlyed, nicey-nicey and annoying. Sorry, IMO.

But you are right there are better presenters out there then Lusy Kennedy. But the show like all RTÉ Entertainment show falls flat due to lack of research, writting and proper guests.

The Cafe is better then this late night chat show.

Holly Willoghby is a fake, perhaps she suits Xtra Factor but is is dreadful as was the original host of XFactor how always seem to run people of the stage and had no time for the contestants IMO.

Holly Willoghby is anything but stylish, gracful or likeable. She is more stlyed, nicey-nicey and annoying. Sorry, IMO.

But you are right there are better presenters out there then Lusy Kennedy. But the show like all RTÉ Entertainment show falls flat due to lack of research, writting and proper guests.

oh dont get me started on that aiden power, such a ......................

Easy now. I dont even consider that a show

Easy now. I dont even consider that a show

I did say that the cafe is even better then Lucy. I wasn't suggesting that the cafe is good.

• Advertisement

I did say that the cafe is even better then Lucy. I wasn't suggesting that the cafe is good.

maybe if laura came back and power was ran outa RTE.

Lucy Kennedy is typical of the obnoxious bogger that you met back in college. The sort that thought she was a big deal in her village of ten people thought the rest of the world would think the same.
    She is unfunny, graceless and dumpy looking, How did she get all these gigs on RTE?

Is she not from Dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭dodgyme

yes - her guests next week are those 2 buets 'colin and jim jim':o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

dodgyme wrote: »
    yes - her guests next week are those 2 buets 'colin and jim jim':o

The unholy trinity of RTE arseheads ..... all on one show? Surely this is an event that will herald the apocolypse?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Climate Expert

Pigman II wrote: »
    The unholy trinity of RTE arseheads ..... all on one show? Surely this is an event that will herald the apocolypse?

It really is a trio that would take some beating.
    Surely now a watertight legal defense to not paying your tv license. No judge in the country is going to convict when he is shown two minutes footage of this show.

Any Lucy n fart jokes?

• Advertisement

Sam Kade wrote: »
    Just like all Dub's.
    Wasnt she the straight man to two puppets

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭TheBlock

I know it's no reason to have your own show but I'd pump the clown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

basquille wrote: »

I saw Ryan Tubridy in the background.. and I'm far from a fan but thought even he's too good for this.

I know, tragic!!

I mean, when she was interviewing Tubridy he totally stole her thunder, he was a far better guest than she was presenter, don't like tubridy either now, but yeah, he was too good for that. It was awful. Awful!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,545 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Well I forgot about the show last Monday, but after all the complaining here I watched the repeat tonight.

By no means would I call it a great show, but it's not the worst I have seen either.

I really think the nerves got the better of her, and I am willing to give her time to settle in and see how the show goes.

Tubridy and PJ Gallagher did their best for her, but she didn't really ask any great questions or engage them in a way to make them interesting. Think she should scrap the chat with 3 'comedians' to allow more time for her future guests to shine.

Regardless of how interesting a guest she has in she will not be able to make the most of a guest as she does not have them on the show long enough.

She does need to ensure that her show guests are not just 'RTE Celebs' or it will fall flat on the face,but with this being Ireland, she will not have her pick of guests the way Jonathan Ross does, and will have to play 2nd fiddle to Late Late & Tubridy, so I think she may struggle.

To be honest I love using boards forums for lots of info, but I find that the TV forum is being destroyed by people who just bash RTE at every opportunity, and then go even further with the presenters, as in this thread.
    All in all, I have found the comments here by boarders to be insulting and far too personal. Calling her flat chested and a donkey etc, are not really mature levels of criticism are they?
    I would love to see some of the people who post here present a show, and realise it's no easy job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Lads by all means talk about the merits or problems about the show and and the presenter, but don't lower yourselves to personal insults about the presenter herself just because you don't like her. I've deleted some posts from this thread for this reason. Some of the comments are just nasty for the sake of being nasty.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement