Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Lucy Kennedy show!?

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

i don't why she was nervous shes being doing various tv presenting for years, she basically seemed to be apologising for the show the whole time inviting tubridy on to father her in.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Another example of the feeding-trough of nepotism that exists in RTE.
    Tubridy,Ryan,Seoiges and now yer one Kennedy.
    It'd literally drive you to drink.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

The allegation against Tubridy with his family connections to former Corporate Rte staff & former Rte presenter Eamon Andrews I understand (I dont agree with them, but I understand how they could be made) , but how is Lucy Kennedy a product of nepotism? I don't recall her composer father ever having any position of commissioning authority in Rte.

Am I missing something? If I am , I apologise, but if I'm not, shouldn't we focus on what's actually wrong with the programme?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

shouldn't we focus on what's actually wrong with the programme?

O okay then.
    Its a load of typical RTE garbage with an incredibly annoying,talentless presenter.
    Is that better?

What can i say except "eep!"
    Haven't seen show, won't see show.
    But the "chest failure" comment?
    *metaphorically punches poster giving a black eye*

Degsy wrote: »
    O okay then.
    Its a load of typical RTE garbage with an incredibly annoying,talentless presenter.
    Is that better?

Yes. Thank you.

See? Isn't it better to focus on the truth? There's plenty of reasons not to like the programme without making ones up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Thing is he wasn't making it up. She's got to be pulling someones pud to be where she is cos it certainly not down to her looks, charm or personality - unless someone in RTE got survey results that indicated the Irish viewing public want more useless, tinheaded oompa-loompas on their tv screens rather than less of them. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭kittensoft1984

Ok seriously who EVER thought this would be a good idea.

I just watched the show on the the RTE website, and dear god she is awful.

She actually is incapable of interviewing people.....

Pigman II wrote: »
    Thing is he wasn't making it up. She's got to be pulling someones pud to be where she is cos it certainly not down to her looks, charm or personality - unless someone in RTE got survey results that indicated the Irish viewing public want more useless, tinheaded oompa-loompas on their tv screens rather than less of them. :confused:

Dont get me wrong. I think she's completely undeserving of a job on the airwaves, purely through her obvious lack of ability, however, Degsy said she had the job because of nepotism.

Now I dont want to cause alarm, but if your idea of nepotism is pulling someone's pud, your family have been telling you some creepy-ass lies. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Kat Slater

I think a lot of people in RTE are living in cloud cuckoo land if they think presenters like Lucy Kennedy have any talent or appeal to the average viewer. Nothing against her personally but as a TV presenter she is totally unfunny and charmless.

RTE smacks of laziness and being out of touch with viewers tastes.... a fair few of the presenters are useless and it smacks of who you know rather than talent. RTE has always been full of nepotism. I wouldn't mind it that resulted in talented people but it usually doesn't.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Leaderbored

For the record, Nepotism (From the Latin nepōtem , from where we also get the word Nephew) means patronage bestowed or favouritism shown on the basis of family relationship, as in business and politics, e.g : She was accused of nepotism when she made her nephew an officer of the firm.

As Lucy Kennedy didn't get the job from anyone in her family, I Think the word y'all are searching for is Gobshítery. e.g : Rte continuously engage in the Gobshítery of repeatedly giving presenting gigs to clearly untalented people apparently on the basis that they are already Rte employees, and happened to be in the canteen around the time the programme was being made .

Now I dont want to cause alarm, but if your idea of nepotism is pulling someone's pud, your family have been telling you some creepy-ass lies. :D

I'm not making any connection between her position and nepotism - as there's no evidence to suggest such. But I am saying that she's not where she is because of talent.

The fact that you equate nepotism and sex says more about your creepy-ass upbringing than mine, not that I want to cause alarm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

As I said, I watched a bit of this and while I wouldn't be staying in to watch it, it's a lot better than most of RTE's more recent ideas.....just below the standard of "watchable", but with something quirky enough to make you not completely want to switch away.

But otherwise, the non-personal comments posted so far are fairly right; it's poor.

We are talking about the station that gave TV shows to Gerry Ryan and "Colm & Jim-Jim", though....so what do you expect ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭2fivers

I'm not making any connection between her position and nepotism - as there's no evidence to suggest such.

You were, actually, albeit indirectly - Degsy said she had the job because of nepotism, Bond Villain said that Degsy should concentrate on the real reasons why the show was bad, and not go making that up, and you said Degsy Wasn't making it up.

The fact that you equate nepotism and sex says more about your creepy-ass upbringing than mine, not that I want to cause alarm.

Erm, that was you as well.... Here it is in direct relation to the Nepotism reference :
    Pigman II wrote:
    Thing is he wasn't making it up. She's got to be pulling someones pud to be where she is

Did you genuinely miss the references, or are you just in "not taking a joke" form? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Kat Slater

As Lucy Kennedy didn't get the job from anyone in her family, I Think the word y'all are searching for is Gobshítery. e.g : Rte continuously engage in the Gobshítery of repeatedly giving presenting gigs to clearly untalented people apparently on the basis that they are already Rte employees, and happened to be in the canteen around the time the programme was being made .

Thank you, that's the word I was looking for. It's all who you know in Montrose.

2fivers wrote: »
    You were, actually, albeit indirectly - Degsy said she had the job because of nepotism, Bond Villain said that Degsy should concentrate on the real reasons why the show was bad, and not go making that up, and you said Degsy Wasn't making it up.

Erm, that was you as well.... Here it is in direct relation to the Nepotism reference :

Did you genuinely miss the references, or are you just in "not taking a joke" form? :D

Was I *actually*? Key bit in bold. Incorrectly infer what you wish. I was not implying it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭2fivers

"Not taking a joke form" it is then.

Never mind. I'll be off.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭tintin67

yamo wrote: »
    whoever edited that should immediately get the head of entertainment commissioning job in RTE.

And even that was about 90 seconds too long. she is like one of those overpreened, overbearing southside twits who base their standing in life on whether or not they got into the VIP area in Krystle on Saturday night. The kind that end up in their late thirties, drinking a bottle and a half of chateauneuf du pape before lunch in their large soulless house somewhere near the Merrion Centre before their adulterous husband comes home after another day working for Daddy.....

I think you'll find there are very few 'soulless houses' around the Merrion Centre. You're probably confusing it with somewhere in Meath. And even if the house happened to be soulless, it would have probably been given some soul by one of those RTE makeover shows at this stage. And featured with the happily married smiling couple in the Sunday Independent Life magazine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

Elmo wrote: »
    Is she not from Dublin?

I thought she was from Killiney, no? Hardly bogger. I also think she has an English mother.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭tintin67

Koloman wrote: »
    I also think she has an English mother.

Damned for life. Take her off Irish television NOW!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Akilduss

Degsy wrote: »
    Another example of the feeding-trough of nepotism that exists in RTE.
    Tubridy,Ryan,Seoiges and now yer one Kennedy.
    It'd literally drive you to drink.

Anyone see the Late Late last night?

Five RTE employees among the guests -
    Des Cahill
    Pat Spillane
    Micheal O Muircheartaigh
    Eamon Dunphy
    and that impressionist bloke

Enough said....

EDIT - Oh, and I see the "Audience Challenge" on Winning Streak exclusively featured RTE "personalities"....

Is there any other channel or country in the world which is more incestuous?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

tintin67 wrote: »
    Damned for life. Take her off Irish television NOW!!

I was not implying anything with the English mother remark. I was just suggesting that with Lucy having an English mother and growing up in Killiney means she could not be further removed from being called a bogger!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

More posts deleted. Lads, stop the personal insults about Lucy and stick to discussing the show. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

Mr E wrote: »
    More posts deleted. Lads, stop the personal insults about Lucy and stick to discussing the show. Thanks.
    Out of interest whats the count on posts deleted as she seems to be as popular as Tommy Tiernan at the special olympics.

11 so far.

• Advertisement

Anyone remember Challenge Aneka - maybe we could have a Challenge Lucy.

Aneka used to do great thinks like build playgrounds ,swimming pools and the like=I wonder what Lucy could achieve?

CDfm wrote: »
    Anyone remember Challenge Aneka - maybe we could have a Challenge Lucy.

Aneka used to do great thinks like build playgrounds ,swimming pools and the like=I wonder what Lucy could achieve?

Well, I'll personally build a school for cute orphans if she promises to stay off the telly forever.

That'd be worth achieving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 352 ✭✭bossdrum

Lucy might not have got the job because of nepotism but someone else has.
    From the RTE website: Every good chat show host these days has a house band and Lucy is no exception. Lucy, however is 'keeping it in the family' by roping her dad, pianist John Kennedy into studio each week.
    http://www.rte.ie/tv/lucykennedy/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 skybluejay

*sticks head above parapet*
    I actually quite like her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Mr E wrote: »
    Yeah.. seems to be travelling in the same direction as the Colm & JimJim thread, this will be locked also unless the personal insults stop.

• Advertisement

skybluejay wrote: »
    you are her Mum -you have to say that

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭TheBlock

Akilduss wrote: »
    Anyone see the Late Late last night?

Five RTE employees among the guests -
    Des Cahill
    Pat Spillane( Not Employee)
    Micheal O Muircheartaigh (Not Employee)
    Eamon Dunphy (Not Employee)
    and that impressionist bloke (Who)

Enough said...

EDIT - Oh, and I see the "Audience Challenge" on Winning Streak exclusively featured RTE "personalities"....

Is there any other channel or country in the world which is more incestuous?

(What? Incestuous? How do you make that out? casue they all appearad on RTE previously?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Akilduss

Des Cahill
    Pat Spillane(RTE presenter)
    Micheal O Muircheartaigh (RTE commentator)
    Eamon Dunphy (RTE pundit)
    and that impressionist bloke (Oliver Callan I believe, who does RTE's version of Gift Grub)

(What? Incestuous? How do you make that out? casue they all appearad on RTE previously?)

More than that, they were all RTE "personalities" that appeared on that Winning Streak challenge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Pianist2891

Get that talentless nobody off my television NOW.
    :mad:

Oh, and the show is beyond dire. Can actually hear the 1-2 people laugh weakly when she cracks a silly joke. Hopefully it will not survive another series.

http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/tv-radio/lucy-fails-the-chat-show-challenge-1594161.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Rineanna

skybluejay wrote: »

+1. I can see why she wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea, but I like her in small doses. There're worse than her around, certainly. Unfortunately, there'll always be the irrational haters, who can't just say they dislike a person and move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭engrish?

I didnt see it but I like Lucy Kennedy, she seems to get a hard time but I think she is pretty funny!

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭daisy123

Haha, she called the fair city wan by the wrong name in the outro!!!TWICE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

When your wan in fair city said she ended up dropping the paw in a love scene, was she actually trying to do a dick check on Lucy?

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭DoubleJoe7

Saw this for the first time tonight and thought it was atrociaous. Kennedy is very limited in what she can do, and is best kept playing second fiddle to puppets or her guests in her previous shows.

Her 'american talk show' style monologue was desperate - bad jokes by themelves are hard to forgive but her delievery was awful. Her questions were also insipid. I'm not looking for Prime Time but it has to be engaging at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭crustyjuggler

Very poor show . How Rte can give these talentless idiots ( Smoke and mirrors ) a pedestal to feed there power hungry egos is beyond me . Not funny at all , not entertaining its just absolute tripe and Lucy will always look like a tranny .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

she does a monologue? omigod,

Finito. Thanks for playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Oh.. and by the way, just in case anyone didn't realise this thread was locked due to personal insults against Lucy Kennedy.. her television show took a backseat in the later stages of this thread.

Same goes for The Colm & Jim Jim thread.. any suggestions of it being anti-RTÉ on the moderators behalf are laughable!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement