Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ain't it funny how.....

Options
  • 04-01-2009 7:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭

'All the worlds a stage; and most of us are desperately unrehearsed......'

I was out last night, with the OH and some friends, table came free next to a couple so we all sat down...guy of couple looking strangely at me, suddenly I realised he looked vaguely familiar, next thing he says my name and reintroduces himself, suddenly the penny drops, I dated him a couple of times; nowt past coffee/drinks/dinner, but the thing just fizzled out..... 18 months later I don't even recognise him, and frankly am not that bothered if I ever laid eyes on him again!!

So officially my past appeared and I sent it packing.....how things move on....

Post your life ironies here.... ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

Without going all Alanis on ye...

How I have been unreasonably healthy for months while in work and as soon as I get my xmas holliers, BAM! bloody woman-flu, or bad cold, or whatever it's cool to call it these days.

Irony Sucks ass.

No emoticon for a sneeze? ah:eek:tish:pac:hooooo:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Eviledna wrote: »
    Without going all Alanis on ye...

How I have been unreasonably healthy for months while in work and as soon as I get my xmas holliers, BAM! bloody woman-flu, or bad cold, or whatever it's cool to call it these days.

Irony Sucks ass.

No emoticon for a sneeze? ah:eek:tish:pac:hooooo:(

women dont get woman flu there's no such thing :eek:.....

ever here of lemsip ? :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

May I draw EVERYONE's attention to the Manflu Support thread???????

Get into your kitchen and make yourself a lemsip there Snow Monkey:D

OP I empathise, I'd the last two weeks off work, first holiday this year and it was like my immune system collapsed I spent most of it sniffling and snuffling.

Doubtless I'll be cured when I go back to work/
    hell
    tomorrow and am too busy to think about it, unlike those pesky manflu sufferers who will ring in sick and wallow in their misery :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

nouggatti wrote: »
    May I draw EVERYONE's attention to the Manflu Support thread???????

Get into your kitchen and make yourself a lemsip there Snow Monkey:D

OP I empathise, I'd the last two weeks off work, first holiday this year and it was like my immune system collapsed I spent most of it sniffling and snuffling.

Doubtless I'll be cured when I go back to work/
    hell
    tomorrow and am too busy to think about it, unlike those pesky manflu sufferers who will ring in sick and wallow in their misery :D

Same here. I'd been suffering a mild cold for a while. Booked an extra day off work last minute, for the following day. Woke up that very day barely able to move out of bed, it hit like a ton of bricks. Was so ill for most of the hol :mad:
    I think it's because I had been "suppressing" the longterm ongoing cold telling myself I'd be able to relax when work was over for the holidays and get over it then - and the minute I mentally let go and said I was on hols it all hit

ah well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

and frankly am not that bothered if I ever laid eyes on him again!!

But still start a thread about him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

No, but I have heard of lemsip.:p

Poor little bunny and all that, Snow Monkey!:pac:

IKWYM nougatti, bluewolf, and there is a theory that once you relax that the release of stress can bring on latent illnesses.
    Of course it could just be that those lazy men with their man-flu have been passing it on since xmas :)

Sorry for the off-topic banter...back on...irony...lets see...
    The way that men have to deal with so little pain in their lives and yet make the biggest of deals when they are ill with even the smallest cold?

Oh don't mind me, I'm just in a wicked mood:p

Oh and BTW, lemsip does not work and tastes like lemon-poop. Benilyn Day and Night FTW.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

No, but I have heard of lemsip.:p

Poor little bunny and all that, Snow Monkey!:pac:

IKWYM nougatti, bluewolf, and there is a theory that once you relax that the release of stress can bring on latent illnesses.
    Of course it could just be that those lazy men with their man-flu have been passing it on since xmas :)

Sorry for the off-topic banter...back on...irony...lets see...
    The way that men have to deal with so little pain in their lives and yet make the biggest of deals when they are ill with even the smallest cold?

Oh don't mind me, I'm just in a wicked mood:p

Oh and BTW, lemsip does not work and tastes like lemon-poop. Benilyn Day and Night FTW.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

I find it funny/sad that I only ever run into people I know when:

- I didn't bother to do anything with my appearance that morning, bonus points for being unshowered
    - laundry day
    - giant spot/period bloat
    - just spilled something on myself

etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

lemsip does not work and tastes like lemon-poop.

Amen! :pac:

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Don't know about it tasing like lemon-poop, but every time I took one I threw up about 5 minutes later. Horrible, vile stuff, and obviously they were never in my system long enough to work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

Xiney wrote: »
    I find it funny/sad that I only ever run into people I know when:
    - just spilled something on myself

etc.
    Girls I used to go to school with must think I never wash my clothes! :mad: Last two I said hi to in town: first I had just eaten (and spilled) spagetti with red sauce all over a white blouse, second the child I was looking after decided to unite my boobs with a chocolate icecream. Don't even start me on the time I fell into a thorny bush before I met my old prinicpal, I looked like a tramp due to the ripped clothes (and blood!), she tutted at me and walked by :( Teaches me not to drink during the day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

stovelid wrote: »
    But still start a thread about him.

I was more starting the thread from the point of view of life being ironic and meeting him reminding me of that. He really hasn't much to do with it; as I said I didn't recognise him initially, and didn't actually remember his name.

As regards being sick over Christmas; I get sick every Christmas without fail; this year I even had an op....fun times:rolleyes:

Just recovering when man gets stinking manflu, he himself recovers relatively quickly, then passes it on to me. I of course get said man flu, but at quadruple the strength and potency and days later am still fcuking dying.... coughing like a fella on 120 benson a day and generally feeling rotten despite copious amounts of paracetamol and cough bottle. No option to take off sick either, I've missed too many days in December due to illness number one....it's all certified but still, I don't wanna take the pisss....

To be fair to him he felt guilty for giving it to me.... I'm sure I'll appreciate that eventually:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

when man gets stinking manflu, he himself recovers relatively quickly, then passes it on to me. I of course get said man flu, but at quadruple the strength and potency and days later am still fcuking dying.... coughing like a fella on 120 benson a day and generally feeling rotten despite copious amounts of paracetamol and cough bottle. No option to take off sick either, I've missed too many days in December due to illness number one....it's all certified but still, I don't wanna take the pisss....

To be fair to him he felt guilty for giving it to me.... I'm sure I'll appreciate that eventually:rolleyes:

Sounds like you should've have stuck with the guy you saw in the restaurant...

Sounds like you should've have stuck with the guy you saw in the restaurant...

No, as I remember one of his less appealing traits was him having the personality of a brick....... whereas himself, despite being contagious is really rather lovely..... when all is said and done....... and hocked up:o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

I was out last night, with the OH and some friends, table came free next to a couple so we all sat down...guy of couple looking strangely at me,

Why did he look at you strangely?

dolliemix wrote: »

He forgot his glasses.

Fair enough....or maybe he was constipated

I was out last night, with the OH and some friends, table came free next to a couple so we all sat down...guy of couple looking strangely at me,

He was trying to place me.....he wasn't sure whether it was me or not; different hair you see...
    He forgot his glasses.

Harsh.....:p

:confused::confused::confused:........ Is staring a natural alternative to senokot???

Jesus, I wont be going to that restaurant any time soon...

He was trying to place me.....he wasn't sure whether it was me or not; different hair you see...

Harsh.....:p

:confused::confused::confused:........ Is staring a natural alternative to senokot???

Maybe staring at your new hairstyle is!!! (joke)

• Advertisement

Maybe staring at your new hairstyle is!!! (joke)

:confused::confused::confused:

Advertisement