Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dual Sim

• 04-01-2009 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭

Hi guys

Looking for some advice - does anyone know of any dual sim phones availalbe?
    If not I understand you can a device to hold 2 sims and fit it yourself - has anyone used these and if so do you have to switch between sims or is it possible to have take calls on both?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

A dual sim adapter doesn't connect both sims the the network at the same time. You can swap between both in a few seconds tough using a few button clicks.

Their are proper dual sim phones available online, ebay are mostly from asia. Not that expensive either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

you need a phone with 2 transceivers in it. and those are mostly sold on ebay

ordinary retail shops get generous kickbacks from phone networks and therefore they rarely even sell unlocked phones, and if they do it's only to give you the illusion of a good deal when you buy on contract / locked pre-pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 pearbelle

i recently purchased a dual sim phone on eBay I'm using a prepay and pay monthly together the phone came from Japan I would reccommend them but be aware of one problem:It is impossible to get settings for MMS or connect to the internet as the phones are not recognized by any of the networks here so they are unable to provide the settings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

pearbelle wrote: »
    i recently purchased a dual sim phone on eBay I'm using a prepay and pay monthly together the phone came from Japan I would reccommend them but be aware of one problem:It is impossible to get settings for MMS or connect to the internet as the phones are not recognized by any of the networks here so they are unable to provide the settings.

do the generic settings posted in this forum not work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 497 ✭✭boc121

• Advertisement

tried the settings given on this forum but am either putting them in wrong or they just not working on the phone when i try sending picture message it goes up up 99% sending and then says message failed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

boc121 wrote: »

I've been reading up on that Samsumg D880.
    They can recieve calls from 2 SIMS simultaneously but you can only choose one SIM per session to dial out from.
    To change the SIM for the outgoing call you need to reboot the phone.
    Someone's selling one on adverts.ie at the minute.

its not a samsung phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Edited my post.

Don't keep us guessing then - what make of phone is yours ?

its a Ta908 model

• Advertisement
Advertisement