Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dunlavin

Options
  • 04-01-2009 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

what is Dunlavin like, never been there before.

i might go down there for a visit.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭The Chessplayer

what is Dunlavin like, never been there before.

i might go down there for a visit.

Bit of a one-horse town

• Registered Users Posts: 8 davegggg

I spent a really enjoyable stag weekend there. The people in all the locals were warm and friendly. Check out what's on in the pub on saturday..kareoke was a blast.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

It's small and pretty quiet. There's a nice courthouse there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Jim K

Dunlavin is probably one of the more historic towns in the west of wicklow. The courthouse is only one place of interest. The courthouse probably needs to be shot blasted AGAIN. Looks tired. Oh many a good evening I had around the pillars of the court house.
    You have the Dunlavin Green, of which many a song or two is dedicated to. Even to this day people take out the metal detectors and still find the odd old penny or two.
    There are many old ruins around the area, Tober, Tournant etc. worth taking a peek at.
    Brian Boru is stated to have fought one of his major "wars" in the locality.

Sometimes one would think he is still there on a Saturday night. Only joking of course.

It is many years since I lived there and then it was the kind of village where everybody knew everybody and one could leave the front door open and arive home to find the neighbour making tea. Not now though.
    The people are still friendly. The older ones anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement