Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Glitching

• 04-01-2009 8:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

Was just playing COD5 and i got killed by a guy that was under the map. this used happen a lot on Call of Duty when I used play it on PC but i didnt think you'd be able to do it on xbox live :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Did you report him? Wonder would it do any good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

No didn't report him..tried to spectate him to make sure he was continually doin it but the game ended too soon

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

This glitch was there when the beta version was out but i thought they had fixed it at this stage. Theres nothing much you can do but hope they patch the game with an update which stops people doing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Theres a couple still there I think. Have seen the one on Makin but have been told theres one on Downfall also but havent seen it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

had the same happen to me quite a few times, nothing you can do apart from hurl abuse at them and report em. Actually does anybody know Microsoft follow up on a complaint or are they just ignored?

youtube has a load of videos up on how to find the glitches.

A few of the higher ranking clans have been caught hiding out under the map.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

ahhhhhhh takes me back to cod 2 and hiding under the graveyard :D

unfortunately achievements also give incentive to cheat :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

I came across two glitches in CoD5, one is the aformentioned under-the-map glitch and another one where a fella was ever so slightly lodged into a rock, enough to see him but not enough to shoot, stab or blow him up. I reported both players during the game, they left the game when the round was over.

Its bloody awful tbh, Its been out now what? 4 months? Surely they'd have it fixed at this stage >.<

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Yep the roundhouse glitch. Until they patch it, I just back out anytime it comes up on the playlist.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

or just stay away from that section of the map on roundhouse.

mossym wrote: »
    or just stay away from that section of the map on roundhouse.

No one should have to avoid any section of the map. To me now, the beta seems like a waste of time, what did they change?. The didn't fix a glitch that clearly evident in the beta. Laziness.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

no, but would save you having to leave a group just because of the glitch. and yes, it should be fixed quickly, but i played the beta a good bit, and am approaching prestige level 2 on waw having played a lot, and to be fair the roundhouse glitch only started being used inteh last 10 days or so. hadn't seen that one before. the castle and cliffside ones yes, but not the roundhouse

There's no point hanging around the roundhouse map. You have to go to area surrounding the glitch because it's always where the opposite team spawns in Search and Destory, Team Deathmatch etc. It's unavoidable. I do agree that the roundhouse glitch is only recent, I only noticed a couple of days ago.

Advertisement