Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

physics + biology with concurrent teacher education

• 04-01-2009 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

this is the course that im looking at doing next year, just wondering what anyone from the course could tell me about it with regards work load, enjoyability etc. im not looking for a doss course or anything but i heard it was a bit on the time consuming side.... i did read the comments about the course in the UL prospectus but i figure they're bound to be a bit biased so anything you can tell me wud be great, my future is in your hands :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭bethm24

this is the course that im looking at doing next year, just wondering what anyone from the course could tell me about it with regards work load, enjoyability etc. im not looking for a doss course or anything but i heard it was a bit on the time consuming side.... i did read the comments about the course in the UL prospectus but i figure they're bound to be a bit biased so anything you can tell me wud be great, my future is in your hands :D

Im looking into doing this aswell, but is iy a new course? Maybe this is the first year of it? If u have learned anything about it since pass it on....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭garyegt

cant say anything about the physics and biology end but im doing metalwork teaching and am in 3rd year. tbh ya cant go wrong with the education courses, but if its like ours, its not particularly hard but youll have shed loads of work to do even if ya just wanna pass:)

hope this helps, hope someone with more info will be along stortly.

oh and afaik its not the first time its running, ya choose yer science subjects after like 1st year or somethin like that, not sure at all....

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭bogshepherd

yeah its defo not a new course anyway, it shot up 55 points last year n i hear its probly gonna go up again dis year!

ah fuk it i was hopin id hav an easy time of it but sure wat can ya do... i wish i didnt hav to do chem in first year though cuz ders no chance of me keepin it on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 rosgirl

Im currently doing the biology with chemistry and concurrent teacher training. Its pretty much the same course as your looking at but after 1st year we have chem modules when you have physics ones. The course is quite time consuming and you'll find that you'll have more timetabled hours than people in a variety of other courses (although how much of this needs to be attended is debatable ;)) But the modules themselves are not too stressful and the workload, although often heavy tends to be very do-able. I like the course and as long as you don't mind writing up lab reports and education essays you should be grand. Part of the reason there is a lot of timetabled hours is due to the fact that you miss the best part of two semesters, one in 2nd year and one in 4th, because you'll be on teaching placement.

Advertisement