Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D4 hotels 20.09 euro per night

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭d4hotels

See you have booked. I have closed again as it is very busy that day. Pint time now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

have to say, d4hotels as a user, fair play to ya helping boardsies out, win win.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭rameire

just booked the 25th jan at the inn.
    really appreciate it d4.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

brightkane wrote: »
    have to say, d4hotels as a user, fair play to ya helping boardsies out, win win.
    Yea have to say thanks a lot too Pat. I had read the start topic wrong. thought it was from Thur-Sun lol my misread, but got looked after!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭anoisaris

Stayed here last night-what a bargain! Going to stay again end of the month when we move house perfect for us for the changeover, just booked it again for that week a few mins ago and wish we had spotted it sooner. We would take 5 nights from the 18th of Jan if available-any chance more rooms will be put up for that week?

• Advertisement

Drop me a pm

Pat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭anoisaris

Got those nights sorted! Thanks Pat and Co at d4hotels-appreciate it!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭DaveMR

d4hotels wrote: »
    See you have booked. I have closed again as it is very busy that day. Pint time now.

Have booked to stay in the towers/Inn in Feb through another offer -€10 last minute.ie offer- Was wondering how much the car parking charge is for overnight? I reckon it could cost me more than the room :) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Anyone hear the woman for D4 hotels squiming on PAt Kenny yesterday morning? She wa son on Thursday bigging up the offer and repeated a good few times "EVERY room for €20.09 in all the hotels" and pat kenny asked for clarification and asked "even the penthouse"? she said yeas.

Then they got loads fo complaints because people were told the cheap rooms were booked out but were offered dearer rooms. So Pat got her back on and replayed the previous days clips. She started back trackign and sayign that she meant that every room they had in the offer was available for €20.09. He kept pushing and playign clips but she wouldnt give a straight answer. She just kept saying that they had hundreds of rooms int he offer but wouldnt answer when he kept anskign for an actual number.

Then at the end she extended an offer and said that they would offer a reduced rate to anyone ringiong of €59 for the rest of the rooms. To which she was told that another hotel nearby was offering rooms for €50 she moved on to sayign they did meals for €25. In the end she knew she was beaten and just gave up.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

Stekelly wrote: »
    Anyone hear the woman for D4 hotels squiming on PAt Kenny yesterday morning? She wa son on Thursday bigging up the offer and repeated a good few times "EVERY room for €20.09 in all the hotels" and pat kenny asked for clarification and asked "even the penthouse"? she said yeas.

Then they got loads fo complaints because people were told the cheap rooms were booked out but were offered dearer rooms. So Pat got her back on and replayed the previous days clips. She started back trackign and sayign that she meant that every room they had in the offer was available for €20.09. He kept pushing and playign clips but she wouldnt give a straight answer. She just kept saying that they had hundreds of rooms int he offer but wouldnt answer when he kept anskign for an actual number.

Then at the end she extended an offer and said that they would offer a reduced rate to anyone ringiong of €59 for the rest of the rooms. To which she was told that another hotel nearby was offering rooms for €50 she moved on to sayign they did meals for €25. In the end she knew she was beaten and just gave up.:)

I don think she was being deliberately misleading. I took it to mean that all rooms in the offer, regardless of size, were 20euro , not that every room in hotel was that price every night of the offer period. There was obviously say 50% of rooms allocated for the deal and people who booked months ago at higher price would'nt get the lower price. The media seemed behind the curve on this story as the offer was posted here days before all the media picked up on it and it was then a victim of it's own success.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

booked a night in feb, great offer, cheaper than a taxi :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,213 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

We've booked five rooms for a work girly night out. Hurrah.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Pat does car parking have to be prebooked or can u arrive, park and pay on checkout?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭ALS

Looking for a room on the 30th Jan if possible . . . . cheers Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

brightkane wrote: »
    Pat does car parking have to be prebooked or can u arrive, park and pay on checkout?
    You can pay your parking on checkout!

Stayed there Thursday night - in the Towers - all I can say is well done to all - for a marketing strategy it has certainly ticked all the boxes!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I don think she was being deliberately misleading. I took it to mean that all rooms in the offer, regardless of size, were 20euro , not that every room in hotel was that price every night of the offer period. There was obviously say 50% of rooms allocated for the deal and people who booked months ago at higher price would'nt get the lower price. The media seemed behind the curve on this story as the offer was posted here days before all the media picked up on it and it was then a victim of it's own success.

Well I took it as every room (not that it matters to me tbh, I wont be booking a hotel 20 mins from where I live. I just happened to be listening), as did others, because she stressed EVERY room and pat keeny got her to repest it a few times, makign sure by specifically askign about the penthouse, to which she replied yes, as long as it's free that night.

Hi,

Car parking is €7.50 per night for guests. It cannot be pre booked I am afraid. It can fill up if the Hotel is full so if you do have a car I would advise come early.

Was not going to comment on Pat Kenny but here goes. There was no intention to mislead. It was just one of those things. As was said on here the offer started on last Friday week and the media picked up on it last tues. Boards were onto it a good few days before that.

Please believe me there has been 1000s of 20.09 rooms sold. this was not one of those offers with 2 rooms a night at the offer price. More like 100s. We have 600 rooms.

Sarah the GM is one of the most genuine GMs I have come across and I have been around. I have never seen such a demand for an offer.

Anyway thats all I will have to say on this subject.

Keep sending in your requests and I will do my best.

Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Fair play to you Pat, and good to see all your promotions are running well.

Top notch hotels they are too, and good to see the benefit of discount rooms and the use of boards :)

Barry

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

d4hotels wrote: »

Keep sending in your requests and I will do my best.

Pat

Hi Pat,

i'm not sure that you got my PM but if there is anything you could do for me with regard to Saturday the 28th of March it would be fantastic.

Cheers.

Hi Shoulderchip.

Have send you a pm with my email. Drop me a line.

Am logging off now and hoping to get some chill out time 2morr so might not relpy to your pms as quickly as would like

Pat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭ALS

I think D4hotels has been honest and upfront since this thread started and very very helpful to boards.ie members.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Thanks a mill D4. This weary commuter will enjoy his lie in!!!!
    I'd nearly set my alarm for 5.45am just so I can turn it off and roll over!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

well I stayed there last night and I have to say I was very impressed with the room we got. yes there were one or two small things like a tiny chip in the bath and a bit of grouting on 2 tiles under the week, but the room it's self was fantastic.
    We had a room with a king size bed as well as a single bed, there was then loads of space even with the 2 old man chairs in the room. Now as a bloke I will always say the TV could of been bigger;) but even then the quality of the LCD screen was better then I expected.
    However most importantly the room was spotless and the staff were very helpful, so overall great value for money and probably the best standard hotel room I have had the pleasure of staying in in Ireland, and even at the full price the room would of been a bargain (in the room they had a sign saying the max they can charge for the room per night is €400:eek: and then is us paying €20)and I wouldn't mind staying there again (well bar the fact that I live in dublin :D). So big thumbs up to d4hotels.

On a side note I SUCK at ice skating and am glad thanks to boards I didn't have to pay full price for that :D

Hi,

There are just a few dates left on the €20.09 sale. It should be sold out very soon. I would like to thank everyone for their feeedback. If I have not answered your pm can you send again. It was a mad week last week.

I am sure we will have another great offer soon and I would like to launch it on here 1st if that is not against the rules.

Thanks again.

Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

D4Hotels - If this offer was such a success, would it not makse sense to have this offer again?

I realise "Would it not be cheaper to have someone in the room for €20 a night rather than no one for €0 a night" may not be true as there are costs with linen changes etc. but any time i've gotten a bargain hotel room (Which this offer seems to be) I either end up drinking a sh1te load of pints in the bar, have a meal in the restaurant - or both!

Would love to take up this offer but i'm back to college etc. hence flat out until Easter Holidays - If this offer was offered again at Easter/Summer i'd absolutily pounce at it

PS. Keep up the good communication with customers, it's the key to success

We have sold a lot of 20.09 rooms and need to watch we dont overbook the Hotels.

Dont worry we wil be back soon with great offers and you will hear about it on here 1st.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭mel123

so how much is breakfast, and how much is dinner?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭mel123

so how much is breakfast, and how much is dinner?

As far as I know breakfast is around €13 in the Dubliner and you can get a 3 course meal for €25

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭lensman

Stekelly wrote: »

I aggree 100% with you , she did squirm as one does when one is caught,
    fair play to her though,.. she has hugh balls to come on one of the biggist radio shows in the land & attempt to deny what she said, however that said, it seems to be the norm these days for companys to cast sprats in order to catch salmon with misleading offers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement