Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D4 hotels 20.09 euro per night

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭maly07@poczta.o

Big thanks to Pat 4 sorting me out!

I only wish all hotels had people like him.

Thanks again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭chalkitdown

latenia wrote: »
    PMSL. I'd say they have about as much chance of getting a raise as Sean Dunne does of getting more finance. All these €20 rooms might seem great to you right now but you've already started to pay for them with that 1% income levy, the proposed property tax and cuts in public services. I would wager that this is a 'pump and dump' operation to squeeze out the maximum possible cash for the owners before the inevitable foreclosure, at which point it will be a case of 'fck you, it's not my problem.'
    I ask boards.ie to take a moral stance and close this cosy little salesroom D4 Hotels have set up here on Bargain Alerts, or at the very least charge them for the privilege as they do to other companies.

I am happy a getting a good deal, but the reason I complimented Pat was the speed and efficiency which my message was dealt with. Top class service.
    With regard to "pump and dump" the only charge up front is the booking fee, which is quite low.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

deffin wrote: »
    For years the public have been paying over the odds for everything - houses, utilities, clothes and practically everything you could mention and it was allowed to happen by Fianna Fail. Now when things are going pear shaped because of their bad economics - the TD's are shouting that we are still paying over the odds for goods and that we should be paying a lot less. And when somebody does charge less - what do we hear...? oh shut him down - you the taxpayer is paying for this ....blah...blah...blah.....!!!!How the hell is anything ever going to decrease when you hear that kind of drivel..!!!

Let me spell this out for you in case you haven't opened a newspaper or watched the news in the last year. The 3 biggest banks in Ireland were on the point of collapse due to their loans to developers such as Sean Dunne. The government was forced to intervene using our money to prevent a complete collapse of law and order. These loans will never be repaid. Your taxes will be higher for at least the next decade. Think about this as you enjoy your cheap hotel room on a Tuesday night in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

This is the Bargain Alerts forum, the hotel are offering great bargains thus belong on the forum. Your comments would in my opinion be better suited to another forum, Politics/Government/Taxes...i dont know but there not really constructive on here.

Alot of happy people who have saved money/been able to have a treat at a low price, me included. Lets get back to that Topic if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,317 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Where's that mirror.... I want to cut my nose off. :mad:

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭chikuu

d4hotels,

your brilliant, I took the EUR 20.09 offer as I had a job interview in the city that day.

Very friendly staff, nice room and also the hotel was a few minutes walk from the DART.

Brilliant! thank you! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Weyhey

Can I book a room for tomorrow night Sunday Feb 1st? I will pm you D4.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

hi Pat is there anything on offer for next saturday the 7th?

pm sent also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭d4hotels

patrickc wrote: »
    hi Pat is there anything on offer for next saturday the 7th?

pm sent also

Will get back by pm

Weyhey wrote: »
    Can I book a room for tomorrow night Sunday Feb 1st? I will pm you D4.

Going to send u pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

latenia wrote: »
    The government was forced to intervene using our money to prevent a complete collapse of law and order.
    The bankers are at the gates. Run. The bankers are coming!!!

Hi,

Putting up New Offer in about hour or so. Rooms midweek in Feb for €37 (play on the 37 floors) Will be on the Sunday Indo in the morning but wanted the Boards to know about it 1st. Has to be booked by next Wed.

Pat.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭holly8

Hi - I've been watching with interest since this thread started - as I'd stayed in the Court long before this offer and though it great hotel anyway - posted a glowing guest review in the early posts!

Now I need a room - April 11th ??? (Finding Nemo on Ice RDS, 2 kids!)

Pat - can you help? any deals for then?

thanks, Holly

holly8 wrote: »
    Hi - I've been watching with interest since this thread started - as I'd stayed in the Court long before this offer and though it great hotel anyway - posted a glowing guest review in the early posts!

Now I need a room - April 11th ??? (Finding Nemo on Ice RDS, 2 kids!)

Pat - can you help? any deals for then?

thanks, Holly

Hi Holly,

Send me pm.

Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

Typically as soon as I book the price comes down....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13 marsabs

Hi Pat
    My friend and I stayed in the Court last night. Everything was lovely. Super quick check in. No credit card required. Clean, spacious room. Very helpful staff. Thanks so much - City centre hotel for €39 on a Saturday night, hard to believe. Well done on helping out so many people, we would have spent a fortune in any other hotel. Thank you.

dragonfly! wrote: »
    Typically as soon as I book the price comes down....:rolleyes:

Drop me a pm and will give u the price now if lower.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭blueirishangel

Hi Pat,

I'm a long time lurker and first time poster.

I've just pm-ed you now about 2 dates.

Thanks

x

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭DaveMR

Pat,

I've sent you a pm re a booking I've made for 17th Feb
    If you can help

Cheers

Hi Pat,

I'm a long time lurker and first time poster.

I've just pm-ed you now about 2 dates.

Thanks

x

Will take a look now.

• Advertisement

d4hotels wrote: »
    Hi,
    Putting up New Offer in about hour or so. Rooms midweek in Feb for €37 (play on the 37 floors) Will be on the Sunday Indo in the morning but wanted the Boards to know about it 1st. Has to be booked by next Wed.
    Pat.

Hi Pat - apologies if I am stating the obvious but just to clarify - is the €20.09 per room midweek offer now over and its now €37 per room midweek (Sun - Thur)? If so should the 20.09 thread be closed off and a new one started?

Thanks for your help with room for last night - it was a lovely room in the Court and any staff member we talked to were always so friendly and helpful. More importantly I work around the corner so no stuck in traffic this morning. Even decided to extend the stay for tonight too.
    Thanks again.

Hi,

Ya the 20.09 offer is now gone. The 37 offer must be booked by this wed but as usual I will take requests from boards members even when it is not on offer on a request by request basis. Re the new tread I am a boards virgin (did spend a few hours reading progess of Cork/Dublin Motorway yesterday on boards) so do I start new tread?

Pat

Hi,

Ya the 20.09 offer is now gone. The 37 offer must be booked by this wed but as usual I will take requests from boards members even when it is not on offer on a request by request basis. Re the new tread I am a boards virgin (did spend a few hours reading progess of Cork/Dublin Motorway yesterday on boards) so do I start new tread?

Pat

Do you want it to be in bargain alerts as well?
    If you do just click on bargain alerts (dont go into the d4 hotels tread) and click new thread give it a title and away ya go:)

Drop me a pm and will give u the price now if lower.

Its only 2 euro no worries:)

dragonfly! wrote: »
    Do you want it to be in bargain alerts as well?
    If you do just click on bargain alerts (dont go into the d4 hotels tread) and click new thread give it a title and away ya go:)

Just did it (i think) thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 mowgli-mcnob

delighted to see some hotels are dropping their prices.
    Just shows how much we were being ripped off before the "R" word happened. Tourist numbers are down for the 1st time in a long time and it's not hard to see why. Bad weather is one reason but rip-off prices are another. You can go to most european countries and stay for a weekend or more and including flights, and stay for the same price as 1 night in dublin. And there is a lot more things to do there than there is in this country. Type "Things to do" for any county in Ireland into google and all you get is a list of cathedrals and castles. No wonder all we do in this country is drink. If I search for attractions on my Sat-Nav all i ever get, no matter where in the country I am, is churches and cemetry's. Since when was a ceemtry an attraction?! not exactly family fun!

Just did it (i think) thanks.

Where did it go or did someone remove it?

Weyhey wrote: »
    Where did it go or did someone remove it?

Hi,

Boards took it off. I can answer treads but not start one which I think is more then fair and have no problem with that.

Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Might be worth Editing the current thread title? Still a good offer that will help people save some money.....

[EDIT] New Thread already started.... http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055478011

• Advertisement

Col_Loki wrote: »
    Might be worth Editing the current thread title? Still a good offer that will help people save some money.....

[EDIT] New Thread already started.... http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055478011

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement