Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Would YOU drop B O'D for the 6 nations

2»

Comments

Gareth Edwards on the Lions tour 31 dec 2008:

"MC: Which players do you think are certainties to tour and which are coming up on the rails?
    GE: Brian O’Driscoll, for sure, who is as strong and elusive as ever. "

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/international/britishandirishlionsrugby/4046685/British-Lions-Tour-Even-greater-together-as-South-Africa-nears.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Moncti48

the question we should be asking is who would you play along side O'Driscoll.

thats going to cause more problems for kidney. I hope fitzgearld is at the very least moved to the wing. He can find more space and be used much better than being used as a battering ram at 12.

Wallace could play 12, and is looking like the best option we have(Right now) but he'd never find the space with the type of attack the Irish coaching staff insist on using!

Other options are Darcy & Earls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Diamondmaker

Can this now end for calls to drop him??

80% of the random punter from the terrace and all coaches he hsa played under in Leinster and Ireland have oicked him.

I think it is the handfull of people who want him to be dropped are wrong.

These few must know something that 80% of Jo Blow, EOS, DK, Woodword MC........ etc etc etc must not know, and if they know this info, they really must have some amazing source!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Guscott reckond he should be Lions captain. And people think he should actually be dropped! Madness

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/rugby_union/7797926.stm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Lasher1980

Agree with Alexa Kind Stabilizer

To drop O Driscoll would be insane.

Some young kid has a couple of good games for Munster and you think he deserves to replace the best player in our side, possibly in the world. Earls is a decent player who has nt even found his correct position, and as good as i think he will be, he will never be the player O Driscoll is.

Also agree with moving Fitzgerald back to the, that experiment clearly has nt worked, his hands are nt good enough, his kicking is woeful and he just looks uneasy. Get him back on the wing pushing Bowe.

For all the poeple giving fitz stick aswell,he is the top try scorer in the magners league with 5 tries in 7 games.Thats not a bad record.

Im pretty sure he was top try scorer last year aswell.I r3eckon if he was playing at fullback or on the wing that number would be 7 or 8.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭John_C

For all the poeple giving fitz stick aswell,he is the top try scorer in the magners league with 5 tries in 7 games.Thats not a bad record.

Im pretty sure he was top try scorer last year aswell.I r3eckon if he was playing at fullback or on the wing that number would be 7 or 8.
    I don't think anyone being too harsh on Fitz, just discussing where his best position is. If you look at those tries, he's gotten more than half of them while playing on the wing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭barnesd

John_C wrote: »
    I don't think anyone being too harsh on Fitz, just discussing where his best position is. If you look at those tries, he's gotten more than half of them while playing on the wing.

All have been from the wing as far as I know.

Advertisement