Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E71 Generic Firmware Upgrade Problem

• 04-01-2009 8:24pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Okay well my phone was branded by o2. I couldnt find out when o2 planned on releasing the next firmware so I followed a guide online which allowed me to temporarily change my product key allowing me to upgrade my phone and unbrand it. In doing so, the keyboard mapping on the phone is not working though only a few characters. This is due to the product code I believe.

I also lost my o2 theme which I guess wasnt part of the PC Suite Backup application as its no longer listed. It was actually pretty decent! Is there anyway someone can send the theme over?

Iv googled and the issue is common but no real work around.

Dont suppose anybody here had similar issues with their E71 or Nokia? You cant re-install a fresh firmware only the one stored on the phone which didnt fix the problem nor did resetting to factory settings.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

I avoid fw updates like the plague...
    Have you tried symbian-freaks.com? There are some hardcore folks who may be able to help!

Having said that: I have a voda e71 and my lady's is o2 - and there's sth really fishy about o2's branding! The usual s60 3rd shorcuts don't work and om crashes etc

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Ill try over there. I was looking at their forum to hack my phone to allow installation of themes (keep getting certificat errors) but turns out the latest firmware doesnt allow the hack to be applied :p

I also discovered since upgrading that when I ask it to sort messages by Date when a new message comes it doesnt keep the sorting I want. The Flash on the camera also stopped working. Turns out people have been saying this was a bad firmware update

Oh and the space bar shortcut isnt working since I upgraded. I assume its part of my saved settings which I havent really looked into!

Advertisement