Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moving from eircom

Options
  • 04-01-2009 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭

hi everyone, looking for some advice.
    i have eircom broadband 3mb, im with them for 4 years, cant complain about there service.

the only thing a can say about it, is the pricing, i pay 110 every 2 months only for the broadband, no landline phone, the line rental is the killing.

what im thinking, is moving to o2 broadband and pay 20 euro a month, ill be using just to browse internet and emails.
    live in ballincollig, co cork
    is o2 broadband any good? is it worth it?

thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Fatloss08

sorry for high jacking the thread

im in the same boat with eircom 3mb etc

no phone either

so id like a much faster service with no line rental ???????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

The quality and speed of an O2 broadband modem is not going to be near the quality of a 3Mbit from Eircom.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

Why don't you use the phone service - you might get soem use from it and save on mobile calls. Eircom have "free" calls to Meteor (500 mins a month" ) and free landline calls anywhere in Ireland . You would soon get through 26 euro a month on your mobile - why not use the landline and cut down on the mobile. (of course I'm assuming you use the mobile?)

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭ldr

i know that o2 download speed wont come near eircom, but im looking to go cheaper and save a few pound (with all this recession, i have to :mad: )

i already have free calls to o2 mobiles and landlines, anyone have experience with o2 broadband around my area?

thanks for the replys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Irishdudedave

I live in Ballincollig too, I dont have experience with o2 broadband but Ive used 3 broadband and it works well in the area...so if that works here then I'd say vodafone and o2 must be alot better!!!

Another option in Ballincollig is Chorus (UPC now).... I have their 20mb package...its very good in the balincollig area! You can get their 3mb product for €22...you dont need a phoneline for chorus so no line rental!

• Advertisement
Advertisement