Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox Live problem?

• 04-01-2009 8:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭

Just starting yesterday evening, I've been having a lot of problems with Xbox Live.
    I can't join any parties as it says there are network problems and when I can, it just times out saying "______ has left the party" for everyone so I get kicked out.

Some times when I send messages, it says there are network problems so I can't send it. I've also been having problems getting into games.

I go to do a network test and everything passes, then I go to sign into Live and it fails so I go back to test the connection and it fails at Xbox Live. It works again once I plug out the modem and router and plug it back in again.

I'm on UPC 20mb broadband. Any help?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Whats your NAT settings like? (go into Network settings on your xbox and test connection) The result will either be Open, Moderate or Strict.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Cow Moolester

It's Open. On NXE it doesn't tell you what your NAT is unless it's Strict or moderate so I guess I've an Open NAT

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

It should tell you either way?

Nope. On the NXE they've simplified it so it will only tell you the status of your NAT if it's strict or moderate

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Hi Cow, I'm having the exzact same problem as you.. having the right now. its a pain in the arse. I think its just down to being thast upc are going to ****, every night i go to sit down to have a few hours of the box it happens after a little play. what area are you in? right no I can't even log in correctly. I keep on meaing to ring them but don't have time in work to be on hold for ages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Hmm i'm getting this too, every now and again i can't sign into xbox live, i do a netowrk test and it passes then i CAN sign in, give it 2 hours and it's gone again.

My mate has it too and he hasn't been able to get onto xbox live for 5 days now.

Lenny wrote: »
    Hi Cow, I'm having the exzact same problem as you.. having the right now. its a pain in the arse. I think its just down to being thast upc are going to ****, every night i go to sit down to have a few hours of the box it happens after a little play. what area are you in? right no I can't even log in correctly. I keep on meaing to ring them but don't have time in work to be on hold for ages.

I'm in Swords...so I'm guessing it's a problem with UPC then? ...Always is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 E.B.

can any 1 help me with this problem.when everi try join a team deathmatch in call of duty 4 or 5 in the after noon i get put in a match with my seft and no 1 else ever joins
    can any 1 help me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

my friend had the same problem yesterday evening and hes in swords also.......hmmm

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

RAIN wrote: »
    my friend had the same problem yesterday evening and hes in swords also.......hmmm

had the same problem last night too.. and on monday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 LimerickGuy2009

been having the same problem yesterday with the chorus broadband...
    if you open port 88 on the UDP and 3074 on UDP and port 3074 on TCP if fixed my problems.
    here is a link : http://support.xbox.com/support/en/us/nxe/xboxlive/getconnected/troubleshooting/networkhelp_live.aspx

Hope this helps

Advertisement