Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Gothic Rock Bands (that may appeal to both fans of FoTN & Sisters of Mercy

• 04-01-2009 8:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭

I'm just wondering has anybody else heard of any of these rather excellent trad goth rock bands, because I feel sometimes that I'm the only one:

Elusive - from Sweden
    Adoration - from Britain
    Opened Paradise - from Greece
    NFD - from Britain
    Sons of Neverland - from Sweden (they imitated Fields, but neverthess are ejoyable)
    The Eden House - from Britain
    Ahráyeph - from Belgium
    Voices of Masada - from Britain
    Nosferatu - from Britain
    Love Like Blood - from Germany

I think all these bands are very good to excellent, and I also think that they would really appeal to fans of both Sisters of Mercy & Fields of The Nephilim. Some of them such as Adoration, Sons of Neverland & Ahráyeph have only released one album so far, but they are well worth getting if you love real trad goth rock, with really great guitars/riffs that harken back to the late 80s and early 90s. So has anybody else heard of any of these bands and what do they think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Heard of Nosferatu - think they did a few gigs in Dublin back in the '90s.
    Also there was another Nosferatu from the early '80s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭Seraphicblue

Solemn Novena from Belfast

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Nephilim Wolf

Solemn Novena from Belfast

Solemn Novena are great, I meant to put them in that list. I've hot their excellent 'As Darkness Falls' ep, and I can'nt wait for them to release an album as well.

can ya tell me where to get it?
    i've had to do with listens on the bebo

can ya tell me where to get it?
    i've had to do with listens on the bebo

I can'nt seem to find the link, your best bet is to contact them here:

http://www.solemnnovena.com/newlook/contact.asp

• Advertisement

will do, thanks mate :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Count Orlok

Hi guys just saw your thread, saw Nosferatu a few times in 90s in London great band and great image. They used to drive us to the Slimelight in London in their vintage hearse!!! Have the original singer back now Louis De Wray before that used to have Irelands own Dominic LeVay on vocals for about 3 albums, they played at the Tower in Dublin at least once about 10 years ago, had planned to come back over too. If you are looking for some Old School Goth The Witching Hour have re released Hourglass EP and Exhumation. I dont know if you guys know the 90s Goff bands Suspiria (Tragedy EP, The Great and Secret Show, Drama), Rosetta Stone (Eye for the Main Chance, On the side of the Angels) and Sisters of Mercy clones The Merry Thoughts?? If not well worth checking out. A lot of it is on rapidshare. Not forgetting Tallaght band from 1988 called Flesh Temple:D and the Dublin goff band that made it (to an extent) in London called This Burning Effigy.

Will check out your other bands! Great to see the Goth tradition is still alive in Tallaght!!!!

...oh yeah and Love Like Blood great live, bit metal-ly for my taste but Kiss and Tell is a great album!!!!:)

Hi guys just saw your thread, saw Nosferatu a few times in 90s in London great band and great image. They used to drive us to the Slimelight in London in their vintage hearse!!! Have the original singer back now Louis De Wray before that used to have Irelands own Dominic LeVay on vocals for about 3 albums, they played at the Tower in Dublin at least once about 10 years ago, had planned to come back over too. If you are looking for some Old School Goth The Witching Hour have re released Hourglass EP and Exhumation. I dont know if you guys know the 90s Goff bands Suspiria (Tragedy EP, The Great and Secret Show, Drama), Rosetta Stone (Eye for the Main Chance, On the side of the Angels) and Sisters of Mercy clones The Merry Thoughts?? If not well worth checking out. A lot of it is on rapidshare. Not forgetting Tallaght band from 1988 called Flesh Temple and the Dublin goff band that made it (to an extent) in London called This Burning Effigy.

Will check out your other bands! Great to see the Goth tradition is still alive in Tallaght!!!!

Thanks. Some of those bands you mentioned are not bad, but they lack great song structures etc. You should definitly check out those bands I mentioned.

By the way Count Orlock I think you mean 'An Irony of Fate'. Kiss & Tell is from that album, and its a really great album.

I stand corrected Nephilim Wolf, the better version of Kiss and Tell was indeed on Irony of Fate rather than the Kiss and Tell EP as I said. I'm a little surprised you dont think The Merry Thoughts or Garden of Delight dont have good song structures though?? But anyway its a free country!!

Keep on goffin'!

• Advertisement

I stand corrected Nephilim Wolf, the better version of Kiss and Tell was indeed on Irony of Fate rather than the Kiss and Tell EP as I said. I'm a little surprised you dont think The Merry Thoughts or Garden of Delight dont have good song structures though?? But anyway its a free country!!

Keep on goffin'!

I would'nt really be into the Merry Thoughts, and Garden of Delight do actually have some great songs with great song structures, but the vocals are a bit weak. I just heard 'Phantasmagoria' by The Damned very recently, and you should check it out, its really brilliant.

Hi Wolf. Being 38 years old and a scene goth since I was about 16 or 17 I actually bought Phantasmagoria when it was out originally...doh! (Sexy chic on front...mmm) Great album!

So are yourself or anyone on the thread going to the Sisters in Leeds or London? Tickets for Leeds cost only £18!!!!! By the way Wolf if you like the Nephilim you really should check out Nuctemeron by Garden of Delight...its a bit of a best of.. but well produced and same themes as Elizium period Nephs, same sound too.

Keep on Gotthin'

Hi Wolf. Being 38 years old and a scene goth since I was about 16 or 17 I actually bought Phantasmagoria when it was out originally...doh! (Sexy chic on front...mmm) Great album!

So are yourself or anyone on the thread going to the Sisters in Leeds or London? Tickets for Leeds cost only £18!!!!! By the way Wolf if you like the Nephilim you really should check out Nuctemeron by Garden of Delight...its a bit of a best of.. but well produced and same themes as Elizium period Nephs, same sound too.

Keep on Gotthin'

Its a great album alright, and that girl on the front looks nice too. I don'nt dress in goth clothes or any black at all, except for my black and white runners. I just mostly wear normal trendish cloths and very very short hair. So if you were to see me you would'nt think for a minute that rock and metal, are my absolute favourite music genres.

I would'nt be able to afford to go to that sisters gig. I'll definitly check out that Garden of Delight album. I wonder when Carl McCoy/Fields of The Nephilim will make a new album, its been 4 years since 'Mourning Sun', and I'm kind of fed up, of waiting for a new album at this stage, but it could be worse.

Another new band called The Eden House are releasing their debut album next month so that'll be really great. The have actually have all the original members from the Nephs, except for Carl of course. There seems to be quite a few few singers as well, and all of them are female, which is a change. They have Monica Richards, Julianne Regan, Amandine Ferrari and
    Evi Vine doing the vocals, but obvisouly not at the same time. What I mean is Different songs have different vocalists. You should check them out.

Advertisement