Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

change schools

Options
  • 04-01-2009 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭

hey,
    i'm repeating my leaving this year in a vec(think that's what you call it), i'm not impressed with it at all after having attended the institute for 5th and 6th year where the teachers really knew their stuff, however in this school the teachers are really really bad and disinterested. the study room is more of a lunch room and i'm really starting to think I won't get my points if I stay in this school, does anyone know if it would be possible to go into the institute now for the rest of this year? i don't want to have to repeat again next year as I have a 1year old baby and really need to be getting into college at this stage. any advice appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 seanasdf

Hey lees,

I was in 6th year up until the start of the Christmas holidays.I realized I wasn't going to get the points that were required for my preferred college course so I applied for 5th form in the institute and got accepted.My first day in the institute is next Wednesday.So yes I think they are accepting applications for 5th form whether or not that means they are for 6th form I don't know.

Your best bet would be just to contact them over the phone i reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭K-Bowie

leesmom R*thmin*s isn't that bad although the German teacher would love to kill me. Look at me I've done better than than most people in the leaving cert, It will all dawn on people in there that its time to sort them selves out I think its the effort you put in yourself the only reason I go in is to get the work e.g. sheets and general guidence from the school I don't pay much attention otherwise I just go home and do my own work. Stick with it. It's upto you at the end of the day!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

leesmom wrote: »
    hey,
    i'm repeating my leaving this year in a vec(think that's what you call it), i'm not impressed with it at all after having attended the institute for 5th and 6th year where the teachers really knew their stuff, however in this school the teachers are really really bad and disinterested. the study room is more of a lunch room and i'm really starting to think I won't get my points if I stay in this school, does anyone know if it would be possible to go into the institute now for the rest of this year? i don't want to have to repeat again next year as I have a 1year old baby and really need to be getting into college at this stage. any advice appreciated

I was having a nose around the website and it said they were still accepting applications for the 2008/2009 year, wether that refers to the 5th or 6th year school I dunno.

If you were too make it absolutely clear to them that you were serious about getting the points and youre willing to make the sacrifices, I'd say they'd take you.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,228 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Why didn't you repeat in the Institute (where the teachers knew their stuff) originally?
    I'm sure they'll take you once you pay - it's a business after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

beacause I didn't have the money at the time and to be honest I didn't think there would be that much difference in the teachers but the fact that i don't have the luxury of coming home and being able to study without distraction as I used to its very frustrating that I try my very best to study in the school and its a complete joke,its more like a zoo with people that are too immature to realise that this is pretty important:( not a playground

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭lou91

I'm in 6th year there now and I really can't see that being a problem. As far as I know, some people join ridiculously late so you should be grand. You might not even have to do an interview as you already attended. You should probably get on to them as soon as possible, but I'd say you could start tomorrow week if you wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

thanks, will see if I can get through to them tomorrow:)

Advertisement