Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Three Broadband trouble

• 04-01-2009 9:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,729 ✭✭✭✭

I live in Ratoath, Co Meath, and I recently bought
    a laptop and subscribed to 3 mobile broadband; using
    the USB modem (E160G). I find the
    coverage pretty poor. Can anyone tell me why this is
    and if there any remedies to fix this problem other
    than getting rid of three broadband?

Thanks

BTW, my laptop is a good spec laptop with
    4 GB RAM and a 2 GHz processor (Intel)

Acer technology

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

There is a whole MEGA thread about this, with everyone complaining. I had 3 a few months back and canceled my subscription because of the SLOOOOW speeds (slower than dialup).

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055115306

There are many reasons for slow speeds, but the main two are coverage and local users. If you get crap mobile coverage you get crap speeds. Conversely, if there are many 3 users in your area then you also get crap speeds. See, they use the mobile phone towers and the way it works is like this - they share the bandwidth between all 3 users, so the more people connected the tower you are on and using it, the slower everyone gets. The more users downloading something, the more likely you will get speeds that are as slow as dialup.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

best to read the megathread, also moved this to midband forum

Advertisement