Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conch jewellery

Options
  • 04-01-2009 10:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭

Looking for ideas for conch jewellery,

GWS? Gorilla glass?

Gauge I'm looking at you since you are the plug queen :pac:

Want something different, maybe custom work?

Anyone any ideas?

Chanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Yeeey conch jewellery! Actually my collection for conches is really meagre :/ I need to fix that.

I trust GG for conch jewellery because all the stuff I have from them is fairly uniform in size- all the 2g plugs I've bought are 6mm. Their colorfronts are especially awesome because you can purchase them in Long (not stocked on BAF though :( ).

GWS are kind of meh, because their SF plugs are very limited below 00g, no foil/galaxies/planets as far as I know. However there is an alternative aka Bill/Frozenfire who can do a lot of the popular designs (galaxies, dichro) to custom specifications. I have some silver dichro from him and the size/wearable is perfect. His stuff is just as good quality as GWS (might have something to do with him being an ex-employee :p) and usually cheaper.

GWS' new site also has a custom order form that might be worth a try, I think Ryan is getting more open to custom orders seeing as Bill does so well.

For custom stone I've heard good things about Relic Stoneworks and no doubt you have too, there's a lot of nice stuff from them on IAM, I'm going to give them a try for matching conch/lobe plugs when I have the money. You're more than familiar with onetribe too, so nyeh.

I haven't tried Kaos in my conches yet... I'd like to hear from someone who has! I think earskins could look pretty cool but I'm way too cheap to try and buy some and find out that it doesn't stay rigid/has the wrong wearable/etc.

When are you thinking of getting your conches done? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Relic/5point aren't on IAM no more :(

I was looking at frozenfire earlier, the stuff is the shizz :D

Conch punching later in the month. Ear cutting this week hopefully. ^_^

Hoping to get conches done at 8mm so that's 0g :)
    Just trying to think of something unique I could lash into them

Maybe some wood from Paul, or maybe 5point, not sure. Decisions, decisions

Punching and scalpelling! :O after that your ears will deserve to be treated to something nice.

Think custom work is the way to go then...

paul
    onetribe
    custom gws?
    relic

hmmm

• Advertisement

8mm conch done in snakebite

145843625a9802906681l.jpg

still bleeding ;_;

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Savage! :D

I love punched conchs! :)

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Very cool!!! I'd love to punch my conche, but I don't think I'd be able to handle all the blood!!! :o How long will that take to heal?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

How is the ear today El Capitain?

Stopped bleeding around 1:30am last night, just after drying the crusties off

• Advertisement

Mmmm crusties!

Isn't too bad now, doesn't feel like i've a huge chunk missing from my ear at all :pac:

Gorilla glass are doing new conch styles, even in power plug form :) i swear they read here or something

anyone who has access to iam can follow this link, http://iam.bmezine.com/?gorilla

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

The thumbnails look nice...

Advertisement