Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Renault Laguna Coupe - anyone seen yet?!

Options
  • 04-01-2009 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭

Ehhhhhhhhhh?

It's a Renault... it's French... it'll depreciate so badly... but it's frickin' gorgeous?!

Apologies if it's been posted already, saw the TV ad last night, big DB9 lights rip off but for a Renault, it's a pretty desirable looking car.

Renault%20Laguna%20Coupe%20Concept%20arr1.jpg
    Renault_Laguna_Coupe_2009_05.jpg
    Renault%20Laguna%20Coupe%20Concept.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

it looks no where near this good in real life unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I was in looking at one a whiel ago. Gorgeous. The inside was a nice place to be aswell.

Unfortunately at the mment I'm not in a position to buy a new Clio, nevermind a Laguna coupe.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

It's nowhere near as good-looking as a 406 coupé, IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

Seen one on the grange road in Baldoyle last night, didnt have clue as to what it was until i seen the post. Gorgeous!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭MarkN

Enters at €35,000 - quite a bit cheaper than BMW or Audi coupes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

That side profile looks 6 series-esque

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I saw it in late november on the forecourt of Condons in Charleville. Nothing like the pictures above.

Couldnt possibly consider one after being unable to sell my own laguna last year. I did but at a massive loss :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

Anan1 wrote: »

Even though it is not a Peugeot, I see it as a genuine successor to the above. The 407 Coupe was really a sign of how incapable Peugeot are of styling a car on their own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Hookey

MarkN wrote: »
    Enters at €35,000 - quite a bit cheaper than BMW or Audi coupes.

And runs from £21-£28K in the UK. And they ask you to do your patriotic duty...

Its very pretty, but its also FWD. Shame Renault didn't seize the nettle and make this on the RWD Nissan G37 platform, then it would make a interesting alternative to the Germans.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

I was in Dingle for new years and there was one parked beside me. Absolutely gorgeous. I took one or two pics on my phone and will post later if I get a chance. Very Aston Martinish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭JCDUB

I've seen one of these a number of times in the last few weeks in Northwood in Santry, not great looking in the flesh, recognisable as a european middle of the road attempt at a decent coupe imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mcwhirter

Saw one yesterday, not as nice in the flesh and will it be reliable.... french.... ermm no.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Anan1 wrote: »

+2000

407 is a gorgeous car. There's one of those Laguna coupe's in the Renault dealer in Limerick. At first i hadn't a clue what it was, but it does look v.nice as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭agent_smith

Absolutely gorgeous. Very aston martin db-ish from the rear 3/4, im surprised they got away with it!
    I prefer the wheels that are availabel on the concept model to the production ones. Other than that, looks great.
    Renault in recent years have gotten a bad rep for reliability however, Im not sure how deserved or not this is. It would make me nervous buying one new TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Renault in recent years have gotten a bad rep for reliability however, Im not sure how deserved or not this is. It would make me nervous buying one new TBH.

That's what the "Remember you said you would never buy a Renault" advert is there to "cover" lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

The 01-05 Laguna 2 suffered badly with issues. The facelifted one from 05 was much better but nobody seemed to notice as it still got lumped in with the pre facelift. The first few years of the Megane 2 were the same. Thats where most of the rep has come from.

Havnt seen any coupes on the roads yet but I have seen plenty of the Laguna 3 hatchs about. Including 5 or 6 as taxi's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

Renault did massive reliability testing on the Laguna III. They have even admitted the previous model was a disaster.

I drove a hatch last year and was very impressed with quality (not necessarily an indicator admittedly). I have a hunch the Laguna III will be v reliable and a big diesel-engined Laguna Coupe one one of the most underrated cars on the market.

BTW - MarkN actually noticing and posting about a car that isn't a high-end/performance VAG/BMW product:eek:
    More to the point ME standing up for a Renault
    What next?

PigsFly.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

I have driven both the 150 bhp and the GT version with 180 bhp and 4 wheel steering and all I can say is what a fantastic car. Looks good and drives good. The 4 wheel steering feels very natural , it just seems to make the car turn in like a much smaller car ( obvious enough ). Lots of shove and for a diesel it likes to rev but without loosing its low down torque. Only thing that I thought was that the 180 version just didnt seem to have very much more poke or atleast I couldnt feel it. Just me. What a bargain in 5 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭MarkN

pburns wrote: »

BTW - MarkN actually noticing and posting about a car that isn't a high-end/performance VAG/BMW product:eek:
    More to the point ME standing up for a Renault
    What next?

Very narrow minded opinion of me pburns :p

But seriously, I notice and am interested in lots of cars, just few inspire me to go onto Boards and post about them.

Advertisement