Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Returning to work after illness

• 04-01-2009 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

I need some advice please, I was sick for most of last year and claimed illness benefit since March '08. I am hoping to start a job some time this month, (passed apptitude test, medical etc). I worked in this job before and there is no contract as such, one is employed on a day to day basis and you can be left go with very little notice. My question is, if I take the job and am let go after a few days/weeks, would I be able to claim illness benefit again or would I have to apply for jobseekers benefit?

Also, I was doing the maths and to take this job doesn't really pay me. (Wages - petrol money = same as ill ben) so would I be entitled to keep any of my ill ben for a while?

One last question, if I start the job and soon after find that I'm not able for it, could I start claiming ill ben again?

Any advice much appreciated,thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭shaca

To my knowledge you are not able to keep any of your illness benefit when you return to work. You can claim job seekers benefit. You will be sent out a form to be filled in each week if you are eligible to claim it. You just fill in what days you work and they give you a portion of job seekers benefit to make up the rest. You can only do this for a year though so maybe you shoud consider you long term plans carefully. As regards to going back on the sick if you find you are unable to work - that is fine once you get all your medical certs in order.

Advertisement