Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oh bus service, how you have fooled me once again!

Options
  • 04-01-2009 11:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Lunar_Wolf

Anyone ever try get a bus on the Childers Road into the city centre? The bus rarely ever comes. Anytime I think ''maybe today will be the day'' it never happens.

Come with me as we shall saw the bus stop sign down.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Arathorn

Have to agree the buses in Limerick are shockingly bad, better off walking.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Yeah and it's strange cos so many go out...yet never come back in.

and now it's 1.60 for a single! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Some go through Clare St and others come in the Childers road and then others go along the Childers road and through to Raheen.

You have to be sharp these days. At least they have 24 hour bus lanes for 2km in Castletroy, what with all our 24 hours bus's?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Wouldn't the busstop beside homebase cover both routes?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Yeah and it's strange cos so many go out...yet never come back in.

and now it's 1.60 for a single! :eek:
    Crap when did that happen, must be because CIE made a loss of like €28 million

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

1huge1 wrote: »

Came into effect at the turn of the year. I'd been warned about it, and had a €2 coin at the ready, but so many other passengers got on behind me with the €1.45 counted out. The driver was pretty patient with them, to be fair. There's too many narky bus-drivers around for my liking.

As for the Childer's Road, I know I'd always choose to walk into town instead, but for people who depend on public transport that must be a serious pain in the ar$e.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

When I used to get the bus I found that too....just that route though....they all seem to go back via Clare street regardless of which way they come out.

Send a complaint to Bus Éireann.....I think Paddy McGuinness is the person to address it to.

The only bus I ever really get is the bus from UL and in fairness to them its frequent enough, with other options aswel like the euro bus. Ya never have to wait too long at the UL bus shelter.

The only bus I ever really get is the bus from UL and in fairness to them its frequent enough, with other options aswel like the euro bus. Ya never have to wait too long at the UL bus shelter.

Is it true they had to cancel the late night UL buses because of a shower of knackers that have been moved into the area?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Is it true they had to cancel the late night UL buses because of a shower of knackers that have been moved into the area?
    No they cancelled it on Tuesdays and Thursdays due to some students' behaviour on the bus, but that is not the issue here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

This fare increase was announced in last November's budget, it also included a price rise on toll roads (except the M50), trains, LUAS and DART services. These fare increases came into effect on 1st January.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

ninty9er wrote: »
    No they cancelled it on Tuesdays and Thursdays due to some students' behaviour on the bus, but that is not the issue here.
    It came back after two weeks anyway. One of the local papers made a thing of it, which had the knockon effect of a lot of people complaining.

10.3% fare increase, not small.

I've been whining about the bus service in Limerick for a while, particularly the 308 route. Then again, I tend to take concrete steps to complain rather than just complaining about them here. Not that it's bad to complain about it here but it doesn't actually do anything - you could do worse than to ring Bus Eireann when your bus doesn't arrive. I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

They should remove the word service for starters because it comes nowhere close. The fact that you can't rely on them deems them irrelevant as far as providing a dependable service is concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭whitey21

I get the bus from kilmurry lodge and they're...alright-ish... at the peak of the day!
    But whats this about every 20 minutes or 10 minutes they're advertising on the back of the buses! Definitely not!!!
    When i've to be at the bus station for 8.30, i've gotta be at kilmurry lodge for about 7 otherwise i'm not gonna get there for 8.30! Not much of a service in the evenings now!!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 31,883 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

The week before Christmas the one in Caherdavin was all over the shop. I spent an hour and a half in total of my life waiting for the bus....

And I was only in Limerick for three days for exams.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

mars bar wrote: »
    The week before Christmas the one in Caherdavin was all over the shop. I spent an hour and a half in total of my life waiting for the bus....

And I was only in Limerick for three days for exams.

The Caherdavin bus has never, ever been reliable. Ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

True that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

An Fhile wrote: »
    The Caherdavin bus has never, ever been reliable. Ever.

Thats why when i was attending LIT, i took the pineview bus to Thomondgate and walked the rest of the way!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 568 ✭✭✭TheLoc

It's ridiculus. sick of it. buses are a nightmare and always have been. even the bus shelters. Ireland is famous for rain and wind yet there are no shelters anywhere. well a few but they should be at every bus stop. 1.60 now??? what a shower of....
    Thats why when i was attending LIT, i took the pineview bus to Thomondgate and walked the rest of the way!

I just walked. I couldn't stand and wait for 30 minutes every mornin. prefered to walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

Living on Old cork rd. Buses are just dismal here.......I can only get the morning one in at 10am- my own tough luck if I have work for 9am. I have to walk the whole way to 24 hr dunnes to get the bus- which is pretty irregular coming from UL, even though it's fairly regular going out? More often than not I've just walked the whole way in. Pretty awful on a rainy day.I bet anything it'll be the first route to get downsized too.:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

The 304 is the magical mystery route. every time you get it, it takes a different route to raheen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

Try 312 - It's going behind and around the Crescent SC now, back to St Nessans Rd. to proceed to Fr Russel Rd...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Now that is a weird one!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Ardscoil Ris

Not to mention bus drivers are all knobs.

Not to mention bus drivers are all knobs.
    Anyone else getting sick of this guys comments

Anyone else getting sick of this guys comments

Nope, just you :) I find his lines quite funny.
    But I'm biased 'cause I know his brother :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭CraftySue

[HTML]Originally Posted by 1huge1
    Anyone else getting sick of this guys comments[/HTML]

I just thought he was an angry young teenager, but his bebo page states he's 22:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Ardscoil Ris

Angry yes. Teenager no.

Anyway they are knobs. I went to a secondary school that had no uniform and they wouldn't allow me the secondary school fare I was entitled to because I was wearing normal clothes. They called me a liar. I was deeply saddened and upset by this. I cried all the way to school as I now couldn't afford a juice box out of the money my mammy gave me going to school. :(

Also, they are moody feckers. Especially the ones at the bus station who drive the buses that go from city to city. They always look like they are shi**ing out a basketball when I ask for a ticket. Go inside and get one they say because they can't be arsed to press a few buttons on that thingy beside them that dispenses tickets.

@1huge1: If your feeling sick you should go lie down man. Take a load off have a cream egg or something, but stop reading my comments as they make you ill. If the problem persists you should consult a doctor. I'm quite sure it's a simple procedure of pulling that stick out your arse. No worries to you should be fine in a few days.

@CraftySue: Yeah thanks for visiting my bebo page. I measure my worth as a human being based on the amount of hits I get.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Angry yes. Teenager no.

Anyway they are knobs. I went to a secondary school that had no uniform and they wouldn't allow me the secondary school fare I was entitled to because I was wearing normal clothes. They called me a liar. I was deeply saddened and upset by this. I cried all the way to school as I now couldn't afford a juice box out of the money my mammy gave me going to school. :(

Also, they are moody feckers. Especially the ones at the bus station who drive the buses that go from city to city. They always look like they are shi**ing out a basketball when I ask for a ticket. Go inside and get one they say because they can't be arsed to press a few buttons on that thingy beside them that dispenses tickets.

@1huge1: If your feeling sick you should go lie down man. Take a load off have a cream egg or something, but stop reading my comments as they make you ill. If the problem persists you should consult a doctor. I'm quite sure it's a simple procedure of pulling that stick out your arse. No worries to you should be fine in a few days.

@CraftySue: Yeah thanks for visiting my bebo page. I measure my worth as a human being based on the amount of hits I get.

As An Fhile will know, i have had my fair share of experiences with bus drivers, i may have said it already but ill share it again!

Last summer i was working in Dell, I live in Clonmacken and ended up missing the Dell bus at ivans, the coonagh roundabout bus was due in ten minutes so i decided i would get that bus and then get the dell bus from BT in town.

Anywho, waiting at the bust stop at the gaelic grounds for a good half an hour, nothing.
    I then decided to walk towards mace in caherdavin to get the caherdavin bus. Just as i was passing the Davin, the coonagh bus came out of nowhere. I put out my hand for him to stop and he didnt. He stopped at the lights outside the davin. I knocked on the door, he shook his head. I knocked again, he opened the door. He lets me on and he goes, "Do you see a feckin Bus Stop there do ya?! " , I go "No, but i've been waiting for this bus at the gaelic grounds and your a half an hour late and if you werent late i wouldnt have to get on the bus at the lights" He goes "Well sorry i cant control control the traffic".

Cheeky B@stard. He lets me on anyway whilst muttering under his breath, i sit down then with all the old Biddys shaking their heads and saying how im an awful young man.

Plus there was absolutely no traffic that day, barely a car on the road as he drove into town. Prick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭CraftySue

[HTML]@CraftySue: Yeah thanks for visiting my bebo page. I measure my worth as a human being based on the amount of hits I get. [/HTML]

I'll try and visit more often, you never know, it might lighten your mood;)

Advertisement