Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oh bus service, how you have fooled me once again!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

As An Fhile will know, i have had my fair share of experiences with bus drivers, i may have said it already but ill share it again!

Last summer i was working in Dell, I live in Clonmacken and ended up missing the Dell bus at ivans, the coonagh roundabout bus was due in ten minutes so i decided i would get that bus and then get the dell bus from BT in town.

Anywho, waiting at the bust stop at the gaelic grounds for a good half an hour, nothing.
    I then decided to walk towards mace in caherdavin to get the caherdavin bus. Just as i was passing the Davin, the coonagh bus came out of nowhere. I put out my hand for him to stop and he didnt. He stopped at the lights outside the davin. I knocked on the door, he shook his head. I knocked again, he opened the door. He lets me on and he goes, "Do you see a feckin Bus Stop there do ya?! " , I go "No, but i've been waiting for this bus at the gaelic grounds and your a half an hour late and if you werent late i wouldnt have to get on the bus at the lights" He goes "Well sorry i cant control control the traffic".

Cheeky B@stard. He lets me on anyway whilst muttering under his breath, i sit down then with all the old Biddys shaking their heads and saying how im an awful young man.

Plus there was absolutely no traffic that day, barely a car on the road as he drove into town. Prick.

I hate them auld biddys!! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭lovemypinkhat

1huge1 wrote: »
    Ya never have to wait too long at the UL bus shelter.

I should try getting the bus with you someday...I've been known to be sitting there waiting 40 minutes for a bus :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

I should try getting the bus with you someday...I've been known to be sitting there waiting 40 minutes for a bus :mad:
    Y sometimes it can be like that, I've come to notice that when they come its usually the same time as another bus. Do they travel in packs???

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

As An Fhile will know...

I don't spell it with a "h" any more ;)

I remember years ago, getting the Coonagh Roundabout bus into town with a few friends. We would've been 13/14 at the time. The bus pulled up outside the Jetland (as it was back then) going towards Coonagh and the driver let us on. We told him we were going into town, and he told us he'd have to charge us twice as the bus was still finishing its outward route. Luckily we didn't fall for it, but the driver shouldn't have tried to con a group of kids like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

An File wrote: »
    I don't spell it with a "h" any more ;)

I remember years ago, getting the Coonagh Roundabout bus into town with a few friends. We would've been 13/14 at the time. The bus pulled up outside the Jetland (as it was back then) going towards Coonagh and the driver let us on. We told him we were going into town, and he told us he'd have to charge us twice as the bus was still finishing its outward route. Luckily we didn't fall for it, but the driver shouldn't have tried to con a group of kids like that.

What a prick! :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement