Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camcorder for Golf Swing Analysis

• 04-01-2009 11:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi All,
    I want to buy a camcorder which for the most part will be used for recording golf swings. I imagined hooking the camcorder directly to my laptop via firewire and recording directly to my laptop.

I have done research on which camcorder to get and confusion has set in....Recent models of camcorders dont seem to have firewire connections...

Some reports stated shutter speed of 1/8000 is more important, others say a high FPS 60 or more. I'm not sure which to go with!

I would be saving the golf swing direct to my laptop and then playing it back in a software package I have which allows me to play it frame by frame and analyse the swings in detail.

I would greatly appreciate any advice & camcorder options you might offer,

Many Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

Get a hd consumer camcorder with shutter speed control. Set the shutter speed to the minimum and shoot in 50i. Make sure you have plenty of light when you're filming. Then deinterlace this footage to give you 50 frames per second and slow it down as much as you want for your analysis.

For best results take a direct HDMI capture to your laptop and use the JES deinterlacer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭corboy

Thanks M83,

When you say to set the shutter speed to the minimum, does that mean 1/8000 or 1/25,

Do I need software to deinterlace the footage?

What cable would I use to take a "direct HDMI capture" firewire????

Many Thanks,

Sorry yes ....
    I use the JES Deinterlacer

JES deinterlacer seems to be for macs only, Im using a windows xp laptop

Advertisement