Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A few questions about Arts

Options
  • 04-01-2009 11:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

Hi,
    I was wondering, if you choose the Arts Omnibus, how do you choose which subjects within the arts to do? Do you just sign up for certain classes on your first day or is there some other way?
    With the Drama and Music courses in the Arts Omnibus is there any audition/interview required for them?
    Also with the joint majors option, if you take 3 subjects (say drama, music and english) at 20 credits each, would you graduate with a BA in all 3 or would you have to drop one of them later on?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Zounds

You sign up for them online towards the end of summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

Hi,
    I was wondering, if you choose the Arts Omnibus, how do you choose which subjects within the arts to do? Do you just sign up for certain classes on your first day or is there some other way?
    With the Drama and Music courses in the Arts Omnibus is there any audition/interview required for them?
    Also with the joint majors option, if you take 3 subjects (say drama, music and english) at 20 credits each, would you graduate with a BA in all 3 or would you have to drop one of them later on?
    Thanks

okay firstly when you get accepted by UCD they give you details about how to pick all your subjects and register online.as far as i remember registration opens towards the start of August and lectures start the first week of September

secondly theres no auditions for music or drama.im in first year and doing them both. music is good but i would be wary of doing drama unless you're 100% sure that its what you want to do.

thirdly for joint majors you have to drop one subject in 2nd year so you will walk out with a BA in whichever 2 you choose.....and you can only do music as a joint major with something else

if you have more questions about Music or Drama just drop me a PM and i'll help if i can :D

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭TDOie

Im doing Computer Science Though I transfered here from Arts.

Well , You recieve your CAO offer on the Wensday. You can accept and then Register on UCD and pay your fee's by that Friday. The following Friday your subject choices open , you go back onto the UCD website and register your second part (it's all ur subject choices) there is a list of all the subjects available through the Arts omnibus , you may pick any number (larger than 2) and make 60 credits out of it , for Example if You want Computer Science , English and French. You'd pick those 3 then 20 credits from each.
    After you select your subjects you can pick ur lecture times from a list available that suits you.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Gingy

Hi,
    Thanks

You're dead right to ask about this. It is terribly described, it took me about 2 weeks into the course to get my barings and understand the system. And when you try to ask someone in the office for help, there's a queue 2 miles long and the people at the desk aren't really sure either.

Advertisement