Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How to Fit a tow bar on a 07 passat

Options
  • 05-01-2009 12:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

folks

Got a tow bar when i purchased the car a few months back but the i couldn't wait for the dealer to fit it at the time.

I want to fit it and it looks all i need to do is screw in 4 bolts, but i need to remove the back bumper :eek:, has anyone any idea how i do this or tips on how to do it.:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

wiring the plug in may be the toughest part, you confident you can do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Cork4ever wrote: »
    folks

Got a tow bar when i purchased the car a few months back but the i couldn't wait for the dealer to fit it at the time.

I want to fit it and it looks all i need to do is screw in 4 bolts, but i need to remove the back bumper :eek:, has anyone any idea how i do this or tips on how to do it.:confused:

Take it to Murray Towbars near CIT. they wont charge much and you know it'll be done right. (assuming your in Cork)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭NewApproach

:eek: I could have sworn tow bars are factory fitted to all tdi passats, boras etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

if your in dublin, towing equipment just off the long mile road, SIMI approved and they have everything needed there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

:eek: I could have sworn tow bars are factory fitted to all tdi passats, boras etc.

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

colm_mcm wrote: »
    wiring the plug in may be the toughest part, you confident you can do that?

There should be a wiring loom bypass for a Passat, if you don't have one I'd try to get one first.

It usually takes towing equipment 1-2 hours to fit a tow bar for us so good luck. The suggestion about taking it to Murray Tow Bars is a good idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Cork4ever

Thanks for all the info, but i would like to fit it myself really and i know the bumper has to come off.....

I just wanted to know if anyone else had done it..

No worries, if i manage it i will let ye know

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

well look if you cant i can vouch for murray towbars. i got mine done there about 3 months ago. they did a great job.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It sounds like a fun job, but getting a VW bumper to line up properly is a pain, the shut lines are so tight, it's easy to bags it up, I'm not doubting your abilities, but for the small amount it'd cost to get it done properly, I wouldn't devote a full day to doing it myself.

Advertisement