Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone know an off licence that sells this stout?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 hoprodrye

You can't find those in the States, let alone in Ireland I would say. They suffer from some serious hype and I would never even bother looking for them. If you know someone travelling to the States, Stone RIS, Brooklyn Black Chocolate and North Coast Old Rasputin are all fantastic imperial stouts that are fairly easily found. Victory Storm King is also very good (but not as good) and again easily found. Of the hyped stouts I had Alesmith Speedway, and while it was excellent I would never be arsed either looking for it or paying $11 a bottle for it again. If you find any of them, you'll never be fully satisfied with a Guinness again though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

I have not seen them on any on-line beers shop that ships to Ireland let alone a brick and mortar one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Quint if you are interested in Imperial stout these ship to Ireland and have a good cross section of English and america versions

http://www.beersofeurope.co.uk/cgi-bin/ss000000.pl

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Quint wrote: »
    Anyone know an off licence that sells this stout?
    I was recently bemoaning the almost complete lack of imperial stout on the Irish market. It's terrible, given that we drink more stout than anyone else on earth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

oblivious wrote: »
    Quint if you are interested in Imperial stout these ship to Ireland and have a good cross section of English and america versions

http://www.beersofeurope.co.uk/cgi-bin/ss000000.pl

Cheers, might give them a try. I never had any, the ones I listed are supposidly good. Is there any Imperial Stouts at all available in Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Quint wrote: »
    Is there any Imperial Stouts at all available in Ireland?
    I think the only proper imperial I've ever seen sold here is Porterhouse Celebration, but that was a limited edition and seems to have all gone now. We get a variety of beers from Great Divide and Flying Dog so I'd have thought their imperial stouts (Yeti and Gonzo) are due sooner or later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

It's looking ridiculous that I was asking for the above 3 considering there's none available at all! I'll have to keep an eye out for them when I'm out of the country

Advertisement