Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TRADESMAN CHANGING CAREER?

Options
  • 05-01-2009 12:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭

Hello All!

Im a qualified plumber and thinking of a career change maybe doing a distance learning course.Has anyone here moved totally from construction into another field?Any other advice greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

do something that interests you..

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭DEVEREUX

Yes!! Of course i had planned on doing something that interests me.

Yes!! Of course i had planned on doing something that interests me.

well if you're a bit more specific on what you want to know?

if you know what you want to do find a course and go do it...

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭DEVEREUX

NTLBELL, thanks.

I was looking for someone (like i asked in my post) who has moved from a construction trade into an unrelated career, to inform me of their experience.

But if ya wanna take this outside..... :D

NTLBELL, thanks.

I was looking for someone (like i asked in my post) who has moved from a construction trade into an unrelated career, to inform me of their experience.

But if ya wanna take this outside..... :D

They don't call me "Car Park Bell" for nothing...

I understand, but what exactly are you interested in knowing about?

everyone's experience will be different depending on the field they chose to go into and the route etc etc

if you ask specific questions based on your concerns you can get some specific answers regardless of what trade they were in previously

• Advertisement
Advertisement