Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need to give up smoking...but I dont want to...is there any hope for me!

Options
  • 05-01-2009 12:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭

I need to quit, I'm nearly ten years smoking and I'm still young, thats way too long, its unhealty, its too expensive, I'll get wrinkles, I'll probably die of a smoking related disease......so many really good reasons and I need to give up smoking.....I have to give up.

Except I dont want to! I know it sounds contradictory but I really really need to but in the other hand I looove smoking, I love the taste the first one in the morning, the second one....the third one. I love going outside the pub to smoke and I love having one after eating, after the cinema, I have a ciggerette before I start something and when I finish something. I really enjoy it.

What if I never want to give up smoking? Surely thats no excuse to keep smoking forever. Should I just get a life and quit? :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Don't worry about it, it's just the delusion brought on by the nicotine addiction.

Truth is, there's nothing to enjoy about them, they taste like crap.
    Now that I'm a non-brainwashed ex-smoker, it's really easy for me to spot such delusion but at a time I myself believed I loved cigarettes and everything about the act of smoking. I know that sounds smug, but once I came to said realisation I felt like a f**king eejit for going around telling people how much I loved the disgusting things.

Advertisement