Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any experiences with Travelnow.com - Discount hotel reservations

Options
  • 05-01-2009 12:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭

Off to New York next month and came across Travelnow.com, a website which specializes in discount rates for hotel rooms. I'm just wondering if they are a legitimate website and has anybody used or heard about them. The discounts seem great when compared to the rates offered by the hotels themselves.

Thanks

Notice to mods: Also posted this in the travel forum, but I'm not sure which is more appropriate.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

I've not heard of that particular website. I often use hotwire.com in the US and it has always worked well for me. it might be an alternative if no-one gets back to you about travelnow.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

I've used Travelnow, they are fine. You pay upfront and in full and there is no refund so take this into account. It secures you the best price and then you balance the risk of needing to cancel against the cost of the full payment. If you book directly with a hotel then you can nearly always cancel within 24 hours notice for a full or nearly full refund.

Cheers

Advertisement