Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Just make it go away....

Options
  • 05-01-2009 1:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭

Hope I'm not covering old ground here but apologies if I am. Almost two years ago the steering started to go on my old car. It wasn't essential to my lifestyle at that stage, and I couldn't afford to have it fixed so I left it parked up. When my circumstances changed, I simply purchased another second-hand car which I have been driving around ever since. Now, in a long overdue spring clean, I want to get rid of the first car.
    Obviously, I can't drive it, nor expect somebody else to drive it away, if the steering is dodgy. In any case, the terms of my insurance policy do not extend to any second car I may own.
    Where would I look in the phonebook to find somebody who will tow a 94-reg Golf from an underground car park? Would I be naive to think that I might get away with not paying for the service? If anybody has been in the same position and has any tips, could they PM me?
    Thanks...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Ring a few scrap yards and ask them to take it away :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Post up a few details on sites like www.buyandsell.ie, www.adverts.ie.

If you throw it up on www.vagdrivers.net you might get some one who wants it for parts and take it away for you. You might even get a few bob for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

If you throw it up on www.vagdrivers.net you might get some one who wants it for parts and take it away for you. You might even get a few bob for it.

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭JackFrosty

where are you, if you tell us that maybe someone will know a scrappie near you, who might take it.
    Have you tried pulling it out on a rope?

Advertisement