Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is it racist to question the blacks income?

Options
  • 05-01-2009 1:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭

Hi i know that this may appear to be racist but i want to put it bluntly. i want to know how a refugee can come to this country and have the money to open up a shop if there are restrictions on them working here? how are there so many black drivers on the road with 08 cars?? now i know many people are going to say that thats a lot of bull and racist tripe but im just looking at the facts and asking simple questions of how and why? i live in balbriggan and there now at least 3 to 4 african shops here and its like that all over the country from what i have seen , and if its my tax money thats funding refugees to open business`s in ireland then i should have the right to know about it. i cant see how anybody cant see the problems that are inevitable when you dramatically increase the population.i cant stand the way people say i have no problem with the refugees as long as they work and abide by our laws.but if there are refugees driving cars that are not able to work then how is motor tax and insurance going to be paid and will the punishment be if neither are paid? and that attitude sounds just lovely and very nice but in the real world jobs in this country are not INFINATE so will people still share that opinion if they or there children cannot find work because there are refugees willing to work for less cash in hand and claim their benefits? i know many people in construction who have loss their jobs and being replaced by blacks and polish so should we still welcome foreigners to ireland with open arms or would it be racist not to?. For me its not about RACISM its About REALISM

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Its more racist to use the phrase "the blacks" than to question where a person's income is from (that would just be rude). Its quite racist to assume these people are refugee's as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

They're not all refugees. Most of them are working professionals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭j2u

so you think there some blacks here that did not come here as refugees? and how is it racist are most refugees here not black? i did not saying that their skin colour bother me so how is it racist? it bothers me that someone coming to this country , a developed country like ireland and within a short period of time be able to open a business that has been completely funded by irish taxpayers. there are irish people struggling to have the money to pay rent , petrol and even food and they are apparently not allowed work and have the money to open a shop on the main street of the town im not allowed to ask why with being accused of being racist. if i called them nigerians you would most likely call me racist for assuming that all refugees are nigerian but if black people here refer to all white people here as the irish is that not also racist? so if i refer to the refugees that open business in ireland as blacks, caucausian,asian , coloured, foreign , asylum seekers then can someone tell me if its not payed for by irish tax payers then where does the monsy come from?? WHERE

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭daisy123

j2u, by the look of your posting history you are constantly trying to set up web based businesses and the likes. Was this post made due to jealousy of others succeeding in business perhaps?

You don't know people's circumstances, you don't know if they are refugees or legal immigrants (of which there are plenty) and you don't know if they pay their taxes.

Maybe if you spent more time on your own exploits than worrying about others, this jealousy would dissipate?

Just a thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

OK, a few things.

First, don't call any group "the blacks". It makes everyone think you're an idiot.

Secondly (and watch me state the obvious here), not every black person is an asylum-seeker or a refugee.

Thirdly, learn the difference between a refugee and an asylum seeker. Asylum seekers aren't allowed to work. Refugees are asylum seekers who have been granted refugee status or granted the right to remain. Refugees are allowed to work and earn money and do pretty much everything else that regular non-refugees are allowed to do in this grand little educated country of ours. That may even include opening a shop. Assuming that it's only refugees opening shops, which probably isn't the case and I'd warrant definitely isn't the case, even with your spotting skills for black people driving cars. Rest assured that your tax money isn't going to fund African shops opened by refugees. Or to buy them 08 cars. Or indeed, to fund anyone else opening shops of any kind or anyone to buy cars, 08 or otherwise.

Fourthly, I notice with my beady eye, you went on about the Polish, most of whom aren't black, not that that's all that relevant and at that point, I lost even my faith in our education system. Yes, you spoiled my faith in our education system in the same way that "Mama Mia" spoiled my memory of the seventies.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement