Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

INQ1

• 05-01-2009 5:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭

Ok so since it became available ive been registered with www.three.ie to hear more about the inq1...however, since Ive reigistered Ive noticed that its become available in UK and Aus....Does anyone know if/when it will be in Ireland this year?

Also would the INQ 1 from Three UK be locked against working with Three Irl?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

i don't know if it'll be available here but i can tell you that a three uk one won't work with a 3 irl sim unless you get it unlocked so it works with any sim

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Ok so since it became available ive been registered with www.three.ie to hear more about the inq1...however, since Ive reigistered Ive noticed that its become available in UK and Aus....Does anyone know if/when it will be in Ireland this year?

Also would the INQ 1 from Three UK be locked against working with Three Irl?

Its due end of January

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

3 rang me today saying I could order it there and then with them and tried to get me to change to bill pay also.

They also said it wont be order-able over the website or store for another few weeks so if I want to order it now, I gotta do it now, that it is in limited supply for now.

3 rang me today saying I could order it there and then with them and tried to get me to change to bill pay also.

They also said it wont be order-able over the website or store for another few weeks so if I want to order it now, I gotta do it now, that it is in limited supply for now.

Its available in all 3stores from this morning

Walkman wrote: »
    Its available in all 3stores from this morning

Haha should have known they were lying.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Irishdudedave

Is it available in Carphone Warehouse stores?

Any idea on pricing?

Is it available in Carphone Warehouse stores?

Any idea on pricing?

Not to sure about carphone sorry. Its 99 on 3pay (and to all who doubted me, their 3c text promotion has been extended until June 30th)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Its on their website now.

I just got mine from the 3 store in Cork. I have to say I like it...alot...the facebook, windows live messenger, skype and contacts integration is brilliant!!! (although a bit tedious to set up!)

I haven't come across any bugs yet...

And the keypad is excellent....although kind of a cheap feel, it is the best Ive used for texting in years!

• Advertisement

Cheers man I might pick one up tomorrow

Did it come with a memory card

Nope, I didnt get one anyway... I just used the one from my nokia...

What is the battery life like? I know you just got it so it will probably be a few days before you know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Ok, i'm really annoyed now. They rang me today and told me that because i pre-registered I was eligible to get the phone for 'only 9 euro, as opposed to 280' when it does come out in a few weeks. They said it wouldn't be available for purchase anywhere except over the phone for weeks. Like an idiot I bought it.

Yeah, seriously annoyed now.

After a few hours of use...the battery is ok. I would expect about 2 days normal usuage from it.

One problem has arised.... Every so often (ranging from 5 mins to 2 hours) the phone will look for the pin number...it is unusuable during this period! This bug is annoying but kind of explains why 3 do not set pin numbers on their sims as standard -> Setting the pin request to off solves the problem.

EDIT:I have discovered that this problem is caused by the phone switching between the 3 network and the vodafone network... When on the vodafone network it is common for the phone to display EMERGENCY CALLS ONLY...depite it being able to make/receive calls & texts... If in an area of varying coverage (eg changing between vodafone and 3 alot) it causes the phone to restart thus promting the pin request as mentioned above!

The only other annoying thing is when the phone is switched on first it can take up to 5 mins before the phonebook is ready for use (you have to wait for all facebook, msn & skype info to be updated!) This can be avoided by not switching the phone off!...not ideal, but a solution non-the-less!

No they are not free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,245 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

If in an area of varying coverage (eg changing between vodafone and 3 alot) it causes the phone to restart

My e71 does that, is it a 3 firware thing or a Nokia thing, any ideas?

• Advertisement

Sorry I should have been more clear. Yes msn and skype are still free. Bebo alerts can now be sent straight to your phone. I'm not to sure how to pet it up, I think the information is on the website and planet 3.

Ya i gonna pick one up saturday. Ill be in limerick for the weekend visiting friends, anyone know where the 3 store in limerick is?

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Ring them before you go to double-check the opening hours. The website is not reliable.

My e71 does that, is it a 3 firware thing or a Nokia thing, any ideas?

Major firmware update for the E71 came out there a few days ago, you should update.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Buckets.

I'd say (wild guess coming up) about a third of the posters here are on it.

• Advertisement

The 1GB does me for Fring, Push Email and lots of browsing for the month.

Advertisement