Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Melbourne Beers 16th January 09

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭scudster

Lads, if this was exactly 12 months earlier I'd be there downin' pints with ye. Ah the nostalgia *sniff*. Many a good night had out and about Melbourne. Deffo hit revolver when ye are done with the pub scene for the night. Guarenteed excellent night! If you do go there, keep an eye out for a smallish tanned guy about 5ft 6in or so with long black dreads and a huge grin. If ya have a camera he is guarenteed to be in one of your pictures.
    Forgot to say, if any of you get lost and end up near Victoria market, tip into the Drunken Poet for a nice pint of the black stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

OK boys and girls ... we all good to go for tonight?

Catch y'all later.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

All good to go - been in touch with Crumble already so we're a ggggggggoooooo for beers. Tra la la, woah is meh liver...

All good to go - been in touch with Crumble already so we're a ggggggggoooooo for beers. Tra la la, woah is meh liver...
    Good job. She let me know that you are meeting earlier. Make sure you aren't totally cactused by the time I get there. I will SMS you later to see how you are traveling.

I has hangover.

Good night - thanks to all who showed. We had to split pretty early just because we had an hour's drive home and wwman works weekends, so no lie in for him this morning, so apologies if that cramped any plans for nightclub partying. :D

...did I mention I has hangover? :(

• Advertisement

I ended up getting a last train home and decided it was a great idea to continue drinking when I got home. Crumble Froo would have been so proud of me because I surfed all day. Sofa Paradise is the perfect place :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

dSTAR wrote: »
    I ended up getting a last train home and decided it was a great idea to continue drinking when I got home. Crumble Froo would have been so proud of me because I surfed all day. Sofa Paradise is the perfect place :D

*pride*

MAJD!!! can has photos?

oh, and apologies for drunky texts on saturday. i have,however fallen in love iwth melbourne.

i am now in sydney though, so let's see how that goes.

oh, and apologies for drunky texts on saturday. i have,however fallen in love iwth melbourne...
    You WILL be back.

Your surfboard are ours

lolcatsdotcom3ha21p578cjbafyj.jpg

well, that's not actually all that impossible. jobhunt here isnt exactly going swimmingly. still not unpacked my board, though am going down to check out the beach today. basically, for all the work i used to do in dublin, and get to via train/bus/luas, i need a car for here, and they wont employ on the basis that i odnt have one.

Ah the 'Irish and driving' quandry. Scuppers the best of plans.

Will post pics eventually when I get organised. :) And yes, there is one of you in The Dee's partner's suit jacket. Never mind drunky texts, was happy to see you get home in one piece, though it did go kinda:

Half past midnight: announcement that you can get a train. (Good.)
    12.45am: announcement that you're on a train, but you're not convinced it's the right one. (Not so good.)
    12.55am: appropriate song lyrics to being drunk and lost. (Definitely not good.)
    1am: Proud pronouncing that you've found your way! (Good again; relief.)
    1.15am: Complete scrapping of previous text, you're lost and fucked. (Screaming heebies.)
    1.30am: You've apparently been facing the wrong way on the street, have found your way now and are in bed. (Baffled.)

• Advertisement

oh LMAO!!!

i don't entirely remember that... i was actually apologising for the texts on saturday...

im intrigued though... what lyrics? twasn't geoff martyn was it? cos i did end up singing one of his ones basically all day saturday.. .(i been wasted all day i been drinking since noon, got a head like a spaceship and a face like the moon, i dont need anyone tellin me they got observations.. but everything's cool, everthing's fine, just leave me alone, im doin alright.. )

oh. and vague chance ill be coming back to melbourne. sydneysiders dont seem to have ANY faith in public transport, and dont want to employ me cos i can't drive. have applied to about 15 different companies/jobs now. blegh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

Ah the 'Irish and driving' quandry. Scuppers the best of plans.

Will post pics eventually when I get organised. :) And yes, there is one of you in The Dee's partner's suit jacket. Never mind drunky texts, was happy to see you get home in one piece, though it did go kinda:

Half past midnight: announcement that you can get a train. (Good.)
    12.45am: announcement that you're on a train, but you're not convinced it's the right one. (Not so good.)
    12.55am: appropriate song lyrics to being drunk and lost. (Definitely not good.)
    1am: Proud pronouncing that you've found your way! (Good again; relief.)
    1.15am: Complete scrapping of previous text, you're lost and fucked. (Screaming heebies.)
    1.30am: You've apparently been facing the wrong way on the street, have found your way now and are in bed. (Baffled.)

Ha! Sounds like a good night was had! Where did go?

the Irish Times. im not sure where that was, i was kidnapped , blindfolded, let out to drink, and then was re-kidnapped and dropped off at train station.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Coileach dearg

sydneysiders dont seem to have ANY faith in public transport, and dont want to employ me cos i can't drive. have applied to about 15 different companies/jobs now. blegh.

What line of work do you do that requires you to drive?

I've been here 3 years and there's nothing wrong with the public transport (only got home late one night due to a de-railed train). If you live in the Eastern suburbs (Bondi Beach, Coogee, Bronte etc.) public transport can be a pain as there are no trains.

generally in care/community work. most of what i've applied for has been for with the elderly (even the company i worked with in ireland, when i rang them up and told them i'd worked for their irish counterparts for over a year, they sounded nicely impressed, then established i'd no license, wished me well, and washed their hands of me), people with learning disabiities and early childhood stuff.

early childhood stuff, i have no idea about needing transport, but just about everything in the 'Community and Sports' section of the job finding website require you to have a car. transport from client to client i guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭missannik

^ ^ ^ Could be that they want you to drive clients to activities... friend of mine is in that line of work and that's what he does most of the time.

oh yeah, i get that, but i was perfectly able to get from one client to another when i worked for the same company in ireland, via public transport. meant i had to turn down some work, but also meant i was more likely to do work other people didnt want to do (eg, live-in for a few days at a time). i find it difficult to believe that they don't have any work for me.

MAJD!!! WHERE'S MY PICTURES???

pwease?

If you post be sure to pixelate out my face if I am caught unawares or drunk looking :D

even via PM...?

oh, and the weirdest thing happened. i got back to nz about 1am last night... and... it felt like being home again.

• Advertisement

oh, and the weirdest thing happened. i got back to nz about 1am last night... and... it felt like being home again.
    That is a good sign. It is your internal guidance system telling you that is where you should be. I would love to go to NZ particularly after the recent heatwave here. So over it right now.

i havent been myself of late
    i havent slept for several days
    but coming home i feel like i
    designed these buildings i walk by

you know you drive me up the wall
    i need to see your face is all
    you little sod, i love your eyes
    be everything to me tonight...

i never know what i want
    but i know when im low that i
    i need to be in the town
    where they know what im like and don't mind...
    i never know what i want
    but i know hwen im low that i
    i need to be in the town
    where they know what im like and don't mind...

*ahem*

but yes, definitely a good sign. i think. if this visa comes through, it is. if it doesnt, it just increases the disappointment.

and yes, it was delicious to be able to go outside and walk around, and not worry about the pools of sweat and melanoma eminating from your body.

What a great way with words you have girl.

You make me proud to come from the same little rock in the Atlantic.

Advertisement