Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most disappointing album of 2008?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭wicklowgal

but snow patrol were always ****e. sorry you had to find out like this.

Im afraid Id have to disagree with you on that one and so would millions of others who bought the Eyes Open album. Gary Lightbody's a genius. Let me down recently tho...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Dudess wrote: »
    Moved from Alternative & Indie. This is one of those general threads which is inevitably going to end up veering away from A&I (as it has already done) - even if not intended to do so.

:eek::eek:But they won't even know who Of Montreal are!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Placid_Casual

but snow patrol were always ****e. sorry you had to find out like this.

They do produce some crap (some of their best known songs would fall into this category) but they also write some amazing stuff.
    Anyone who says the likes of "Batten Down The Hatch", "Set The Fire To The Third Bar" or "Wow" are **** is someone who's opinion I wouldn't pay much attention to.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

wicklowgal wrote: »
    Im afraid Id have to disagree with you on that one and so would millions of others who bought the Eyes Open album. Gary Lightbody's a genius. Let me down recently tho...

I've seen plenty of ridiculous statements in my time but this.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭slipss

Had to have been The Shock Of Lightening by Oasis for me, really thought they were going to put out a decent album after the muck that was DBTT. Actually loved and was.....ehh whatever the opposite of disappointing is... by Chinese Democracy and KOL's newest, both albums were so hyped they were destined to disappoint. Personally I think both bands nailed them perfectly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Chinese Democracy, surely after all those years G'n'R could have come up with something better than that.
    Are you mental thats a class album . Opinions are not allowed on this album unless its that you like it lol

Xavi6 wrote: »

Ooooh gettin bitchy!Maybe I should keep my opinions to myself in future,I only seem to get stick here for sayin how I feel... :(

No appreciation for Snow Patrol out there?? At all?? :confused::confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Britney Spears - Circus

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Ooooh gettin bitchy!Maybe I should keep my opinions to myself in future,I only seem to get stick here for sayin how I feel... :(

No appreciation for Snow Patrol out there?? At all?? :confused::confused::confused:

Bitchy because I gave a different opinion? Didn't realise we all had to agree.

I actually quite like Snow Patrol and the album is very listenable, but using any of their members in the same sentence as the word 'genius' is just a tad OTT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭RaverRo808

The new Girls Aloud album was rubbish,was nowhere as deep and meaninful as their last album

• Advertisement

Bitchy because I gave a different opinion? Didn't realise we all had to agree.

I actually quite like Snow Patrol and the album is very listenable, but using any of their members in the same sentence as the word 'genius' is just a tad OTT.

You're too serious for me I'm afraid. We don't have to agree, sure you asked the question. But IMPO, there's nothing OTT about the statement I made.... in fact I'm pretty much in love with the guy!! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

No one's mentioned Snow Patrol (I dont think!) so Im puttin it out there. Besides Take Back the City and Crack the Shutters, there new album was SUCH a disappointment!! I genuinely feel devastated about it!! :(:(:(

Was very annoyed by a **** album. They are a good band but what a brutal album

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

JP Liz wrote: »
    Britney Spears - Circus

I haven't actually listened to the album but I love the song :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 syrupy

The Killers - Day & Age (does Brenda Flowers TRY to sounds that awful)
    Hot Chip - Made In The Dark (Ready For The Floor was FABULOUS, but overall disappointing)
    Sigur Ros (a controversial choice, but I really couldn't get my head around it)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 thecellarlife

catch--22 wrote: »
    Amazing what some people hate, another loves. To me, this was one of the albums of the year...horribly under-appreciated IMO.

completely agree. his best since the information. I thought Sea Change save a few really good tracks was very weak, and over-rated when it came out.

also the MGMT album was over-rated, but Time to Pretend is a brilliant song. Kids and Electric feel are kind of novelty songs to me, but still very catchy. everything else was pretty weak.

the NIN album was ****, but I haven't really heard anything from him in awhile that was worth listening to.

Vampire Weekend would probably take the cake though. Two good songs do not make an album. And they're kind of pretentious.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Kings of Leon Only by the night
    Not bad but not a scratch off 1st and 2nd albums

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Bender's Game

KOL have sold out, only i was sure this is their fourth album??? i still pine for milk and red morning light.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Sútalún

also the MGMT album was over-rated, but Time to Pretend is a brilliant song. Kids and Electric feel are kind of novelty songs to me, but still very catchy. everything else was pretty weak.

Thats a loada balls..in my opinion of course. I dont think there's a weak track on the album, and I don't normally say that. People find it easy to discard the lesser known tracks of the album just because the well known songs were over-played. In fact, I prefer the songs off the album that weren't singles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Bender's Game

ah come on, the MGMT album was pants after the 5th track. saying any otherwise is just lying to yourself. :pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Osteosam

I can add some Snow Patrol appreciation - one of my fav's but must say their recent album was a bit disappointing. I just adore Gary Lightbody though, so consider me biased...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Maybe he's really smart?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Honestly couldn't name the worst album of 2008, all I can do is name the handful I liked!

KoL could've been worse, ye they sold out etc. but they are catchy tunes that kept a fair weather fan smiling.

Metallica finally remembered how to make music.

MGMT was a nice debut, next album will tell all.

That's about it I think, I'm afraid to say I liked the Ting Tings! :D

EDIT: Actually, forgot this one, Freddie White released and album "Stormy Lullaby" fairly on in 08, anybody into mellow/acoustic with a good bit of style needs to get it, plus, ya know, support the home team!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

From bad to worse id say
    Snow Patrol
    RazorLight
    Killers

MGMT ye it isnt great after Kids,Electric Feel and Time to Pretend but for a debut album its a good sign of things to come..Same with the ting tings...Traffic Light haunts me though:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

RaverRo808 wrote: »
    The new Girls Aloud album was rubbish,was nowhere as deep and meaninful as their last album

I never thought I'd hear the words 'deep and meaningful' and Girls Aloud in the same sentence... :rolleyes:

I never thought I'd hear the words 'deep and meaningful' and Girls Aloud in the same sentence... :rolleyes:

LOL :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,999 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I think you might have missed the sarcasm.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭lurrrvs2sp00ge

i would like to think i'd kick them all collectively in the crotch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

set the fire to the third bar is a frickin great song tho i must say.. not a fan of the band itself tho!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭TiGeR KiNgS

staind
    the illusion of progress
    one song was not bad the rest was dog muck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Sútalún

ah come on, the MGMT album was pants after the 5th track. saying any otherwise is just lying to yourself. :pac::pac::pac::pac:

I don't lie to myself. Ever.
    ah come on, have you actually listened to the album..properly?? :pac::pac:

Advertisement