Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most disappointing album of 2008?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

I was disappointed by the Fireman's "Electric Arguments" album (that's Paul McCartney and Youth's side project). The last two albums have been of the ambient house variety, but this one was totally different. It got rave reviews in the press, but I liked the old style and this is like a totally different band. Actually its just like Paul McCartney. If it had been released as a McCartney album I probably wouldn't have minded, in fact I'd say I'd have quite liked it. I just liked the other stuff that he did.

I agree with Sigur Ros reference; I wasn't necessarily disappointed with it, I just haven't gotten into it in the same was as with Takk or the first one. I'm sure I will over time though. That's the great thing about certain albums; you buy them and perhaps don't really listen to them much, then in a year or so you pick it up again and it becomes your favourite album. This could be one of them.

The Raconteurs I was little disappointed with. The album was a little self-indulgent. They can do better.

I guess Kings Of Leon disappointed me to the point that I didn't bother to get it. I liked the first two, wasn't pushed on number 3, and based on what I've heard of number 4, I made the right decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Yes I agree with the KOL albums. Loved the 1st one in 2003, admittedly the 2nd album took me a few listens but love it, 3rd one was left scratching my head and the 4th was just a big let down.

The Raconteurs was also a let down. To much crap and not enough hard-ass tunes.

Advertisement