Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Uphill mains sewage connection

• 05-01-2009 10:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

Morning all, I got a further info request on a planning application I need to supply details on my new connection to the mains as there isnt sufficient fall to the existing manhole. The county engieer reccommended using a "Pumped rising bore". I also need a sump for blockage and about a half days storage (1000L tank). I also need to supply invert survey of the existing manholes.

Can anyone tell me where to start with sourching & pricing the above system?

Thanks all.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,942 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

130r wrote: »
    Morning all, I got a further info request on a planning application I need to supply details on my new connection to the mains as there isnt sufficient fall to the existing manhole. The county engieer reccommended using a "Pumped rising bore". I also need a sump for blockage and about a half days storage (1000L tank). I also need to supply invert survey of the existing manholes.

Can anyone tell me where to start with sourching & pricing the above system?

Thanks all.

Try EPS in mallow, cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭rebellad

I have the same issue with my house and as sydthebeat suggested EPS in Mallow seem to be one of the better companies for this. I got a quote for the sump and a pump of 5k - it ain't cheap!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 130r

Ive sent my queries over to them. Ill post the response as I get it.
    Thanks guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 447 ✭✭tipperary

I checked this out previously, and found abs pumps to be the most competitive. They would also be quite a reputable company. I have no connection with this company but it would be worth while checking them out too. Another company doing similar systems is Klargester, who are based in Northern Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭davidoco

tipperary wrote: »
    found abs pumps to be the most competitive. .

I second that. ABS in Wexford are helpful to the man in the street with technical queries.

• Advertisement
Advertisement