Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend pub for funeral afters near Mount Jerome/Harold's Cross?

Options
  • 05-01-2009 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭

I'm not familiar with the area, but am looking for a nice pub that can cater (sandwiches, etc) for around 30 people for after a funeral service. Does anyone have any recommendations? What is Rosie O'Grady's like, for example?

Thanks in advance,

P.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,531 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

It's be perfect for it. Large lounge and quiet. An ok carvery (it does half sizes for kids), two open fires, good pot of tea. Open enough in the large area to sit plenty together and enough alcoves for privacy. It also has a snug.

Try ring them ahead (014922239) and they'll do something up for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

One closer would be Peggy Kellys which is literally across the road(park) from the entrance to Mt.Jerome. (01)4972445

Lovely carvery (does half sizes for kids), large eating area, which will easily seat 30 people together. If you ring up they might let you book, remember after my nan got buried there 5 years ago (I've ate there since then) we went over there after and we'd reserved a large section.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,531 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Spot on Gavin. Well spotted. I described Peggy's! Mixed names up.
    OP read 1st post for Peggy's.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

humberklog wrote: »
    Spot on Gavin. Well spotted. I described Peggy's! Mixed names up.

Thought you did alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

My mate used Peggy Kellys after his Dad's funeral, OP. I'd echo the positive statements here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

Thanks for the reassuring replies; I've booked it for the do.

P.

Advertisement