Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bottled gas still 30€

Options
  • 05-01-2009 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭

Last summer bottled gas increased from 25 to 30€ a bottle in line with the increase in the cost of oil, how come it is still 30€ today in my local Maxol garage

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

Checked in Centra, Togher this evening, 23.50€

I paid 30€ in Maxol garage down the road (Bandon road, few miles west of the city)
    Name and shame, if they have no problem charging that ive no problem naming where I got it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,523 ✭✭✭Ginger83

30 quid sounds very expensive for gas! It sould be around the 23-25 mark at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

bogman wrote: »
    how come it is still 30€ today in my local Maxol garage
    Because there is a free market...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭signman12

Ginger83 wrote: »
    30 quid sounds very expensive for gas! It sould be around the 23-25 mark at the moment.

paid €36.50 for a bottle
    burkes in rathnew

we really are getting ripped off

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

bogman wrote: »
    Last summer bottled gas increased from 25 to 30€ a bottle in line with the increase in the cost of oil, how come it is still 30€ today in my local Maxol garage

Why would they decrease their prices if people keep paying?

• Advertisement

signman12 wrote: »
    paid €36.50 for a bottle
    burkes in rathnew

we really are getting ripped off

you are the problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭signman12

you are the problem

wow your comments really don't help in this thread :mad: it's easy to criticise

if we don't comment on how much things are in our areas then we will never get better prices.
    all the merchants in my area have the same prices so I just presumed that it was just very expensive.

I just wish that the calor gas would have a rrp on their products

signman12 wrote: »
    wow your comments really don't help in this thread :mad: it's easy to criticise

if we don't comment on how much things are in our areas then we will never get better prices.
    all the merchants in my area have the same prices so I just presumed that it was just very expensive.

I just wish that the calor gas would have a rrp on their products

OK its my fault, not yours

Sorry about that

Advertisement