Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thin Lizzy reforming????

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

MoooooOoOoOoOoOoOoOOOOO!
    You hear that sound? That's the sound of the cash cow being milked dry to the bone.

The idea of this wouldn't have been too bad had it been done around 86-88, after all, there are a number of successful bands who were able to continue without their frontman, AC/DC being one to name quite a few. But a new album 25 years later? Nah, don't like it at all, sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Ah I see.

There are few connections. Aldridge was in Whitesnake with Skyes and has played with Gary Moore aswell. Aldridge also stood in/replaced Downey 1997 - 2000. Hes also on these albums.

John Sykes - 20th Century
    Gary Moore - Dirty Fingers - Live At The Marquee
    Thin Lizzy - One Night Only (2000)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 tomm1077

How can Thin Lizzy be reforming when Phil Lynott is dead?? Thin Lizzy is an Irish band & there are no Irish members in it. Scott Goram is the only member who had a good stint in the band during the classic era! John Sykes was only on Thurder & Lightning & lets be honest, that wasn't during their peak. I really wish they weren't using the "Thin Lizzy" name! I won't be buying the album or going to see them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭dasdog

Actually I really like Thunder and Lightning though Vagabonds is still probably my favourite album. Not so sure about a new album. I've found a lot of unreleased/unoffical Lizzy and Grand Slam stuff over the past few years though which is enough for me. I was going to upload the 1975 RTE broadcast from the National Stadium Dublin (well five songs from the set anyway - a friend of mine has the whole gig on VHS) but I wasn't sure how mods would feel about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Theres lots of band who have changes in their line up including their singer. Look at ACDC. I like the heavier sound they had for that final tour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

dasdog wrote: »
    Actually I really like Thunder and Lightning though Vagabonds is still probably my favourite album.
    Id agree,vagabonds is a great album.

Advertisement