Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Wireless-N connection

Options
  • 05-01-2009 11:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭

Have a Belkin N router & NIC. Connection between the router upstairs and the laptop downstairs was working fine for over a year but now I can only get a connection if the laptop is in the same room as the router. Got a new NIC but still the same problem. Can't figure out why it stopped working.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,161 ✭✭✭beer enigma

shayser wrote: »
    Have a Belkin N router & NIC. Connection between the router upstairs and the laptop downstairs was working fine for over a year but now I can only get a connection if the laptop is in the same room as the router. Got a new NIC but still the same problem. Can't figure out why it stopped working.

Similar problem, whilst I do get a signal, its way lower than it used to be - I wonder if the signal degrades in some way in the Belkin N routers over time - you no doubt have the same one as I do.

I contacted Belkin, but nothing back from them.

Advertisement