Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Royal Rumble 2009 Spoilers

• 05-01-2009 12:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭

4tzjl3sn7t4d9a1nw1z9.jpg

The Royal Rumble PPV on 25th January 2009

30 Man Over-The-Top-Rope Royal Rumble Match

John Cena Vs JBL for the World Heavyweight Title

Melina Vs Beth Phoenix for the WWE Women's Championship

Jeff Hardy Vs Edge for the WWE Title

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

The following WWE superstars have been confirmed as participants in this year's Royal Rumble Match:

Randy Orton
    Chris Jericho
    Rey Mysterio
    Kofi Kingston
    The Undertaker
    Triple H
    Big Show
    Vladimir Kozlov
    Shelton Benjamin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Obviously it's very hard to tell but the guy at the top (above MVP) looks a little like Christian mid frog splash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 ShaneR84

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Obviously it's very hard to tell but the guy at the top (above MVP) looks a little like Christian mid frog splash

Thats Mysterio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭mehfesto2

Thought it was Mysterio myself, but it is pretty hard to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

JP Liz wrote: »
    4tzjl3sn7t4d9a1nw1z9.jpg

there is something very Deja Vú about this poster.... hmmmmm.... :pac:

• Advertisement

http://www.wwe.com/shows/royalrumble/

You can see poster better here

Bubs101 wrote: »

I think Christian might show at the RR and cost Hardy the title

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Matt Hardy v Jack Swagger for the ECW Belt has being announced as well.

The following updated participants have been confirmed for this year's Royal Rumble Match:

Carlito
    The Brian Kendrick
    R-Truth
    Kane
    The Miz
    John Morrison
    Cody Rhodes
    Ted DiBiase
    Santino Marella
    Rey Mysterio
    The Undertaker
    Kofi Kingston
    Randy Orton
    Vladimir Kozlov
    Shelton Benjamin
    Triple H
    Big Show

The following updated participants have been confirmed for this year's Royal Rumble Match:

Carlito
    The Brian Kendrick
    R-Truth
    Kane
    The Miz
    John Morrison
    Cody Rhodes
    Ted DiBiase
    Santino Marella
    Rey Mysterio
    The Undertaker
    Kofi Kingston
    Randy Orton
    Vladimir Kozlov
    Shelton Benjamin
    Triple H
    Big Show

This is turning into a real jobber fest.

Orton, Trips and show seem to be the only ones with a chance

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

HBK.

That is all :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,983 ✭✭✭Degag

This is turning into a real jobber fest.

Orton, Trips and show seem to be the only ones with a chance

Not a chance.

I think Orton or HHH will win but i'd love to see Jericho (i hope he will back) or Morrison win

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Orton will win: Cena Vs Orton at wrestlemania
    or maybe a surprise hbk entry, he wins and he goes on to face jbl .....

CM Punk
    Chris Jericho

also added to RR

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

orton will win. HHH and jericho will be the last ppl in it, with orton ofc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Why do people think Orton will win this? Do not realise that heels never win the rumble and Super Hunter is in it? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Why do people think Orton will win this? Do not realise that heels never win the rumble and Super Hunter is in it? :eek:
    so does that mean a heel will win the belt at the rr in order to wrestle a face at wm?

Apparently Rev Theory were supposed to play on next weeks raw.
    But now they're not.

Does this mean that maybe orton was going to win the rumble and have the band playing his theme in celebration, but now plans have changed for him not to win it and they dont need re theory anymore..
    OR are they just trying to throw us off?

So many Theories...

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Jazzy wrote: »
    orton will win. HHH and jericho will be the last ppl in it, with orton ofc

I dont believe orton will win rumble as he's primed for a feud with Vince which could go all way to WM25, not likely if Orton has title shot.

At this moment it looks like Hunter will win for a shot at Edge but then again he was well touted for last years one. I'm still hoping Michaels somehow gets in and wins it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

So many Theories...

:p

Booooooo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Wrestling/2009/01/22/8105346.html
    # An unheard of 18 superstars that competed in the 2007 Royal Rumble either were former or future heavyweight title holders, three of whom were champs in ECW (Sandman, Sabu and Tommy Dreamer).

# The 2008 Rumble featured only two Canadians - Santino Marella and Roddy Piper. It was the third consecutive year of only a pair of Canucks being in the big match (2005, by comparison, had five hosers).

# Chris Benoit is the only wrestler to have been one of the first two wrestlers in the Rumble in consecutive years (2004, 2005).

# Kane has been in 10 consecutive matches. In fact, since 1996, Glen Jacobs has only missed one Rumble. That was 1998. In 1997, Jacobs appeared as Fake Diesel and in 1996 as Isaac Yankem.

# Shawn Michaels has been in 11 Royal Rumbles, the most under one name for any wrestler. Surprisingly, Triple H has only been in six.

# Without question, Vince McMahon, going one for one has the best winning percentage at the Rumble. Next up is Hulk Hogan, coming out on top in three of his four Rumbles. Other good winning percentages are Yokozuna and Lex Luger, who each won one of the two Rumbles they were in (albeit Luger's was a shared victory with Bret Hart).

# Of the 18 Rumble winners (two being "half winners"), nine are still employed by WWE, three have passed way (Big John Studd, Yokozuna and Benoit) and four (Studd, Hogan, Hart and Ric Flair) are in the WWE Hall of Fame. Steve Austin will be the fifth winner inducted into the Hall.

# Only Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Big John Studd and Lex Luger are Rumble winners who have not won a WWE Heavyweight title. Interestingly, none won the Intercontinental Title either.

# Luger, Hogan, Flair, Bret Hart and Benoit are the only wrestlers to hold the WCW Heavyweight Title and also win the Rumble.

# Since the "winner gets a title shot at WrestleMania" stipulation was added to the Rumble in 1993, only Luger, Michaels, McMahon, The Rock, and John Cena have not been able to go on and capture gold on the biggest stage of them all. For what it's worth, neither McMahon or Cena used their shots at WM.

# Odds are unfortunately strong that a Canadian won't win this year. The CanCon quota appears to be one Maple Leaf per decade (Hart in '94, Benoit in '04) can be the last man in the ring. Oh well, there's always next year.

# All multiple winners of the Rumble - Hogan, Michaels and Austin - have also won in consecutive years. Should Cena opt to make a surprise appearance again, he has the opportunity to join this elite club.

# From the 2008 list of entrants, 22 are still with WWE. Six wrestlers (Hardcore Holly, Chuck Palumbo, Gene Snitsky, Mick Foley, Big Daddy V and Elijah Burke) are no longer employed by the Fed, while two others (Jimmy Snuka and Roddy Piper) are long retired but still make occasional appearances.

# Even more scary is that only 12 (Triple H, Rey Mysterio, The Big Show, Kane, Carlito, John Morrison (Nitro), Chavo Guerrero, Matt Hardy, Shawn Michaels, Shelton Benjamin, Goldust and Randy Orton) of the entrants from 2006 are still in WWE. Of the 18 no longer with the company, only one, Booker T, is with TNA.

# Take this one for what it's worth. Three of 1998's competitors, Bradshaw, Goldust and Mark Henry, are still with WWE. By comparison two wrestlers, Jeff Jarrett and Mick Foley (who that year pulled off the hat trick of three appearances in the Rumble, as Cactus Jack, Mankind and Dude Love) are now in TNA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Surprise HBK win with him heading to WM against Cena.

In Texas. Who to cheer, who to boo. Battle of the generations in both wrestler terms and fan terms.

Maybe HBK with HHH and Orton left at the end of the rumble.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Carroller

Hornswoggle FTW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

http://www.wwe.com/shows/royalrumble/

You can see poster better here
    Isn't that HBK in the top left?
    He wins, faces (hopefully) JBL at WM after helping JBL win the title at RR.
    HBK wins after eliminating HHH at the end.
    HHH takes umbridge at his close friend both eliminating him, winning the rumble, helping JBL win the title and refusing his financial help.
    HBK beats JBL at the WM (Texas is also his home state) and this sets up Summerslam or whatever they call it these days.
    I know there are a lot of HHHaters, but you can't deny a feud between them both would be great.
    JBL then goes back to midcard bouts with Mysterio because they are both lame.

Taker with a win and one last title run (he's going to win at WM anyway)?

I think Christian might show at the RR and cost Hardy the title

I don't know.
    I think it would be Edge he would be after.
    Great fued in the making there and it would leave HHH open for a title shot at WM.
    Hardy goes on to fued with the Russian dude (I rarely catch SD) having won at WM. See above for HHH.

Now I know this is PW and not AH (where I am always right), but one can dream.

Rjd2 wrote: »

Unless HBK gets in to RR somehow - i think Orton will win

Orton/Cena for WM 25 for WHC title

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Orton/Cena for WM 25 for WHC title

I think they will have Orton involved with Vince and Steph. They could have HHH vs Orton. Orton eliminates HHH from the Rumble and then Orton gets elimated just after

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

i really want HBK to win the rumble, surprise entrant and goes on to win at WM! ive been a fan of his for years and i really think (altho he doesnt NEED it) he definatley deserves at least one more title run!

Hunter should win because it makes the most sense by a mile and he'll definitely put Edge over clean at Wrestlemania which is good for Edge. Orton should be facing Austin at WM who won't have a belt. Do we really need Taker burying Edge or Hardy again? HBK agreed not to enter although a Cena HBK programme would make alot of sense on Raw's side. Of the left fielders Morrison has the best chance of winning and will probably make the last 4. Jericho could win as a swerve but he'll probably keep feuding with Steph so it's unlikely

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭OrtonViper

Stone cold won't be at competing at wrestlemania

He probably will and at this stage Orton - Austin looks the most likely match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

i really want HBK to win the rumble, surprise entrant and goes on to win at WM! ive been a fan of his for years and i really think (altho he doesnt NEED it) he definatley deserves at least one more title run!

I think it's near general knowledge that he doesn't want the run unless he changes his mind in the meantime. Still he can go to WM, give the match of his life, but fail to win the title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭Pool4Life

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭The Bull

Pool4Life wrote: »

I will believe it when i see it, These various sites are like tabloid newspapers, they will post anything to get the old rumor mill goin. I could be wrong but i dont expect to see him tonight.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,919 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Bumping this thread..It should be the main one..Just getting it to top of page

• Advertisement

callaway92 wrote: »
    Bumping this thread..It should be the main one..Just getting it to top of page

as in the words of Barrack Obama, "Can we do it, YES WE CAN !" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,328 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

RVD rumoured to be backstage at this tonight

RVD rumoured to be backstage at this tonight

That would be a phenomenal swerve, RVD instead of Christian

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Don't hurt me for saying this, but could anyone imagine Undertaker winning the 'Rumble to face Jeff Hardy at Wrestlemania? They've put on some great matches together, and besides HBK there's nobody else I could think of that could end the winning streak.

I'm not watching the event tonight, but for some reason that idea seems to work for me.

this swagger guy looks like another meathead

• Advertisement

come on santino work that crowd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Actually glad to see the womens title change hands, not the worst match either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Jesus the American fans are dumbasses.Pop like crazy when Geena comes out then boo him.Same thing last year.:rolleyes:

ah ref down here comes shawn

double sweet chin music

cena sucks

JBL is a tubby waste of space

Excuse me, excuse me, vickie really does her job well. No DQ lines it up well so for a christian gate crash

Whats up with Hardys facepaint??The Crow he aint.No DQ should be interesting though.

its prob to cover up his burns from his pyro accident:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement