Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Royal Rumble 2009 Spoilers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Here comes Super Hunter....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

"Is there any way The Game can survive what is essentially a three on one?"

Prepare to witness Burial 101!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 PeelerHurley

sure thats ****e u shouldnt be able to be elim by some one who is allready elim

Left with the same ****e again HHH and orton and his gay boys

IM Disappointed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

HHH winning from here would be even worse than i ever imagined

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

How predictable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

suckfest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 PeelerHurley

load of cack :mad:

Should be interesting wi the mcmahon fued

Randy wins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

yes yes YESSSSSSSSS

orton wins!

the right man won

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭The Bull

well there u go, no christian, Poor Rumble match, the edge jeff match was the highlight of the night. Super hunter not so super tonight, :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Class PPV you sad feckers. That was immense

If HHH had of won you would be giving out about Super Hunter, if Rhodes or DiBiase won you would be giving out about 2 new guys winning it, if Big Show won it it was another year that number 30 won again and if Taker had of won it you would be complaining we have already seen Cean and Taker and Edge and Taker eenough already. Stop giving out for god sake and enjoy what was a good PPV

Noone said it wasnt a good PPV. Quite enjoyed it. cena match was class

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

good rumble match plenty of actual wrestling, poor surprise entrants though

Loving the Taker and HBK segment it has to lead to something

Orton winning is fine even though they pretty much told you that at the start

Kind of had Matt pegged for the jealousy role eventually especially after the look of him after his lose to Swagger but let's see where it goes

The whole universe was expecting a Christian return didnt happen though WWE are trying to keep us guessing these days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭The Bull

after that it looks like the following for WM

Ortan v Cena for the world title

Undertaker V Show

Shawn V JBL

Matt hardy V Jeff Hardy

Edge V ????? (Maybe Christian if he comes back) it will prob be super hunter though

Undertaker and Show has been done enough I dont think they will do it, no way they put Shawn and Taker face to face just to tease us

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭hyn-zie

Ok it wasn't the best rumble i've seen but it had its moments, i expected cena to lose and hbk to win the rumble and meet JBL in mania and go on to win it which would've been the ultimate mania being in texas and hbk shinning as mr wrestlemania again! but as soon as i seen hbk sweet chin JBL i knew orton would win it, didn't see the Hardly thing coming, thought it would of been something to do with christians comeback, RVD was a big suprise!! legend

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Could we be seeing Christian coming in as face? I didn't even think of that one. TBH, the Matt heel turn was a great swerve.

Good finish to the Rumble match with all 3 legacy members coming out better than they were going in.

Lots of good WM matches being set up. I don't think we will see HBK v Taker though, I think there is plenty left in the JBL/HBK feud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Endaaaagh

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Could we be seeing Christian coming in as face? I didn't even think of that one. TBH, the Matt heel turn was a great swerve.

Good finish to the Rumble match with all 3 legacy members coming out better than they were going in.

Lots of good WM matches being set up. I don't think we will see HBK v Taker though, I think there is plenty left in the JBL/HBK feud.

Maybe they could do a whole "You turned my brother against me so I'll turn your brother against you angle" with Jeff & Edge. How weird would it be to see a TLC match with Edge & Matt Vs Jeff & Christian.

On the topic of the rumble, I enjoyed it (even though I drew # 17, Goldust, in the draw). The one downside to it was SuperHunter once again destroying Miz & Morrison. These 2 are the best tag team in the WWE in years and in the space of 3 weeks we've had HHH beating both of them in the one night and eliminating both from the rumble at ther same time. I hope next year he get's eliminated by Santino:D:D:D.
    BTW...how over was Santino last night??? if his popularity keeps growing the way it is, we could be looking at a future world champion (and once again with the smilies:D:D:D)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

So Orton won - which i thought would happen

Matt Hardy :eek: not that was a shock

No Christian return :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Vince was trying to swerve the internet pointlessly again. If you have a perfect set up for Christian to return bring him back that way. It's what the people wanted, not Hardy vs. Hardy again which sucked balls the last time. Also, they re-recorded Smackdown's voice-overs for Friday because everything that was done before then was leading to Hunter winning for number 1 which would have made more sense

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

the good:

the undercard, every match was watchable, swagger and hardy was good not great, interesting womens match, gutted beth lost and clean :( hardy and edge was an exciting spotfest. cena drags jbl to another decent match, supercena indeed :P

the bad:

weak ending in both the world and wwe title matches, the hbk superkicks bit ruined the end of that match for me

rumble match was so predictable, after the last 2 rumbles (2007, 2008) this was a huge disappointment. from early on everyone knew the last four was going to be rhodes, dibiase, orton and hhh and hhh would eliminate rhodes and dibiase with orton sneaking the win. kendrick, santino and ziggler at 26,27 and 28 all going out within seconds

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

EdK wrote: »
    Kind of had Matt pegged for the jealousy role eventually especially after the look of him after his lose to Swagger but let's see where it goes
    I thought the same since they kept the camera on him for a good while when the usually just cut to a reply or the next match lead up. When he came down during the wwe title match i knew what was gonna happen when the chair was invovled . I think this Hardy vs Hardy feud will be alot better since there is a better storyline behind them. Lets hope for a fatal 4 way/3way at WM25 Hardy vs Hardy vs Christian vs Edge TLC match. I no chances that will happen but i would love to see it happen with christian winning. I can hope:)

The Undertaker/HBK segment in the locker room - was there a point to this?

I know Taker/HBK was been rumoured for WM 25

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Very good ppv imo..ECW title match was best match of the night..Jack Swagger is class in the ring and on the mic..Womens Match very good too...Both title matches solid..Dissapointing christian didnt turn up though..And im fúcking delighted Orton won the Rumble..Best performer by far in WWE atm..7.5/10 PPV

• Advertisement

Womens match was a sloppy botchfest IMO, they took the title off Beth very easy too

Womens match was a sloppy botchfest IMO, they took the title off Beth very easy too

Really??..The only botch I saw was a side walk slam that was ok but not perfect..

Yeah really, alot of slipping off each other losing control in transition and general sloppiness

I thought Melina messed up alot in the women's title match - its a shame Beth lost but i thought she maybe Marella or her stalker fan Rosa would have cost her the title cant believe she lost clean

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

called it :)

but yeah it was obvious. vince always likes to put himself in the limelight for WM. always a seller. orton cena WM25... want orton to win but i see another mcmahon screwover

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

These are some random fan reactions posted on Matt Hardy's official MySpace page. Don't these people know that wrestling is fake?!?

"I have never... been more upset.. with anything... then what I saw you do Matt... I never thought you turn on your brother like that... the was low man... very low... You're better than that! Or so I thought... you are and still are one my favorite wrestlers Matt... but I... I have no more words for you... *Shakes head*"

"Nobody likes u u were just a jealous bitch and had to go and take jeffs hard work awayfrom him i understand that is a storyline but really deep down u wanted to do it for ages everyone was always chanting jeff not matt all i have to say is that after all your brother went throught to get that title u take it away from him and u even go far enough to hurt him (Survivor series, Car accedent, and pyro) after jeff you were my favorite (i kno ur always put after jeff but who gives a flying f***) but for real u can go f*** ur self and maybe then u will see it from my piont of view c u later u f***ing ass bag"

"Im still in shock from what happend tonight. But i support you. Even if you left Jeff lying on his back and costing him the wwe title. You are still my second favorite"

"Matt, Please tell me you didn't double cross Jeff? He's your brother for God's sake. Blood is thicker then titles. He's your family even long after your wrestling career. A punk can cheap shot. After meeting you July 08. I thought you were a right upstanding young man. I am sad."

"WTF, Matt you attack your own brother, def. not cool. I would never attack my own brother. Not a good way to start turning heel. You better have a good explanation to Jeff and the WWE Universe. Is it because you lost your rematch and you did not want your brother to be the only one with a title? Not sure how many fans you will lose because of this terrible incident."

And perhaps the best of them all...

"F-CK YOU MATT HARDY F-CK YOU REALLY HARD YOU SON OF A BITCH I HOPE YOU F-CKING DIE. YOU ARE A F-CKING EMBARASSMENT TO THE HARDY NAME. I HOPE JEFF SMACKS THE HOLY S-IT OUT OF YOU LIKE HE DID BACK IN 2003 WHEN YOU WERE IN YOUR GAY ASS V.1 MODE. STUPID SON OF A BITCH MF'ER C-NT!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

callaway92 wrote: »
    Very good ppv imo..ECW title match was best match of the night..Jack Swagger is class in the ring and on the mic..Womens Match very good too...

im of the total opposite opinion to you here, theres something about swagger that i just dont believe, i dont think he sells believablely nor can he act, the arrogant "smile as i walk to the ring, i am the best" definatley does not seem realistic so once i see that i couldnt take him seriously, no matter how technicaly sound he may be!

These are some random fan reactions posted on Matt Hardy's official MySpace page. Don't these people know that wrestling is fake?!?

"I have never... been more upset.. with anything... then what I saw you do Matt... I never thought you turn on your brother like that... the was low man... very low... You're better than that! Or so I thought... you are and still are one my favorite wrestlers Matt... but I... I have no more words for you... *Shakes head*"

"Nobody likes u u were just a jealous bitch and had to go and take jeffs hard work awayfrom him i understand that is a storyline but really deep down u wanted to do it for ages everyone was always chanting jeff not matt all i have to say is that after all your brother went throught to get that title u take it away from him and u even go far enough to hurt him (Survivor series, Car accedent, and pyro) after jeff you were my favorite (i kno ur always put after jeff but who gives a flying f***) but for real u can go f*** ur self and maybe then u will see it from my piont of view c u later u f***ing ass bag"

"Im still in shock from what happend tonight. But i support you. Even if you left Jeff lying on his back and costing him the wwe title. You are still my second favorite"

"Matt, Please tell me you didn't double cross Jeff? He's your brother for God's sake. Blood is thicker then titles. He's your family even long after your wrestling career. A punk can cheap shot. After meeting you July 08. I thought you were a right upstanding young man. I am sad."

"WTF, Matt you attack your own brother, def. not cool. I would never attack my own brother. Not a good way to start turning heel. You better have a good explanation to Jeff and the WWE Universe. Is it because you lost your rematch and you did not want your brother to be the only one with a title? Not sure how many fans you will lose because of this terrible incident."

"F-CK YOU MATT HARDY F-CK YOU REALLY HARD YOU SON OF A BITCH I HOPE YOU F-CKING DIE. YOU ARE A F-CKING EMBARASSMENT TO THE HARDY NAME. I HOPE JEFF SMACKS THE HOLY S-IT OUT OF YOU LIKE HE DID BACK IN 2003 WHEN YOU WERE IN YOUR GAY ASS V.1 MODE. STUPID SON OF A BITCH MF'ER C-NT!

Haha thats an instant classic ;)

lol..The bold one is my favourite

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭A-Train

Just watched it there it was ok bit disappointed with Hardy screw job didn't see that coming!!!! Oh yeah.

Happy with the Randy winning but wanted RVD to win!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Its real to me:D
    From Matt's Myspace.
    Picture4-19.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Its real to me:D
    From Matt's Myspace.

What a find. :pac:

That made me laugh....

That reminds me, i better delete my post on Edges page :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭ec18

what's up with RVD is he back? or is it like the anniversary show?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I only watched the Rumble match itself. I thought it was OK. I felt there were too many people in it for long stretches. Great to see RVD back. I'd like it to be for the long-term.

I was so delighted to see Orton vanquish SuperHunter. Still, not a bad day for Supes seeing as he eliminated two tag teams single-handedly by my count. Now the question is how will he put himself into a title match like every bloody year?

Now the question is how will he put himself into a title match like every bloody year?

No way out features an elimination chamber match

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I only watched the Rumble match itself. I thought it was OK. I felt there were too many people in it for long stretches. Great to see RVD back. I'd like it to be for the long-term.

I was so delighted to see Orton vanquish SuperHunter. Still, not a bad day for Supes seeing as he eliminated two tag teams single-handedly by my count. Now the question is how will he put himself into a title match like every bloody year?

Do you have to ask that question:eek: Hunter will win the Chamber match bank on it. Edge escaped a burial when he fled to Smackdown on 2007, he wont be so lucky at Mania.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Royal Rumble sells itself really. Best keep Christian for No Way Out i guess. Either that or for a regular show.

They got the timing all wrong, the undercard was too short and there was nearly an hour and a half left for the rumble, that's why it was a full ring with slow eliminations otherwise It wouldnt have come near the 3 hr mark I'd say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I was so delighted to see Orton vanquish SuperHunter.

Vanquished my ass. He was the strongest looking person in the entire match, from his elimination of Koslov, to battling the odds at the end where Orton needed help from 2 people to get him out. It was quite feckin tiresome really. I enjoyed the Rumble match, but please god, please don't say that it will lead to a Show Vs Taker at Wrestlemania?

Also, is this the first time a heel won the Rumble since Austin in 1999?

Finally, when are people going to accuse TriplEdge of trying to steal Flairs record?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

:D:D:D

That's brilliant! Ah to be young when it was "still real to me god dammit"!:pac:

I am confused after Matt's heel turn. I always knew it was an option, but I didn't expect it to happen at the RR, I was convinced it was going to be Christian to do the run in.

Any ideas on how exactly Christian will fit into all this now?:confused:

Is it now possible that it is TNA who are doing the swerve? Or is Christian deffo on his way back?

Matt is a far better heel than he is face, so its a good move. The only problem is WWE will shoot their load topo quick with a match at NWO rather than trying to slow burn it to Mania.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

gimmick wrote: »
    Also, is this the first time a heel won the Rumble since Austin in 1999?

Heres a list of rumble winners:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_rumble#Dates.2C_venues.2C_.26_winners

You could say brock was..?

Brock was very much a babyface when he won the Rumble. It was after Heyman dumped him for Bigshow, and it was in his run up/during his great fued with Kurt Angle.

They got the timing all wrong, the undercard was too short and there was nearly an hour and a half left for the rumble, that's why it was a full ring with slow eliminations otherwise It wouldnt have come near the 3 hr mark I'd say

timing was good, last undercard match finished at 2.37am irish time (which gave approx 1hr 10 minutes for the rumble). the timing of the rumbles entrants though is weird, some came in every 90 seconds, then over 90 seconds and then under, HHH was only in there for 49 minutes, rumble itself only lasted for 59 minutes which is shorter than last years 63 minutes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Awesome find :D

Advertisement