Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this any use...??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Thats the one the OH's father got for Christmas. It is a nice unit, but I think that the temperature screen is rather poor, so site in a shaded area if possible.
    The length of cable supplied for the wind sensors will not allow chimney mounting straight out of the box. You will need telephone extension cable for that and be very sure that you insulate any joins well.
    The majority of it is made from plastic, so would melt I suspect if put on an chimney.
    Best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Welsh Wizard

Thanks for the info..

Heat from the chimney wouldn't be a problem...

Might just go ahead and get this then..

Thanks again..

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Jomcc

Hello,
    I'm thinking of purchasing a basic weather station for home use. Not looking for anything as fancy as lots of you guys have.
    I was looking at one mention on OP and also a La Crosse WS2300 PC Link Wireless Weather Station.
    I'd appreciate if anyone could give me info on if it's worth my while. Is there any particular place to locate various sensors. Obviously, there would be no point in locating the wind speed/direction sensor on the gable end of house, but what about rainfall sensor etc.
    These units are wireless...... I presume this is from display to sensors. Do the sensors have to be located very close to each other. I ask this because I've a pole on garage which would be useful to locate wind sensor. Would it be ok to locate the other sensors at this height?

Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Hi Jomcc, you might find this website useful for you. It also has a section on how to locate your weather station components at home.
    Genrally speaking rain gauges should be located close to the ground as possible out of shadow length off 2.5 times the height of anything like trees, walls etc nearby.
    Station height is important as too high and you'll under-record during the day and over record at night and vice versa generally speaking.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Advertisement