Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

British passport where do I apply for a Canadian VISA?

• 05-01-2009 12:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭

Rang USIT this morning who said they only deal with Irish passports. I'm entitled to an Irish passport but I want to get going by late February/early March so I want to secure a VISA before a waiting list starts building up. She said call the British equivalent of which she had no information..

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

You don't need a visa to visit Canada but as you contacted USIT I guess that you're a student planning on working in Canada ?

If this is the case then I'd imagine that you'd be very, very lucky to get a visa to work in Feb/March 2009.

http://www.dfait-maeci.gc.ca/missions/unitedkingdom-royaumeuni/youth_jeunes/menu-eng.asp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Really? My mate applied for one last month and got it in a couple of weeks. He's an Irish passport holder. Apparently there's no waiting list at the moment. Is that what would make it take so long? Oh and yeah, I'm a student here on a year out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Can you not contact the Canadian embassy?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Kold wrote: »
    Really? My mate applied for one last month and got it in a couple of weeks. He's an Irish passport holder. Apparently there's no waiting list at the moment. Is that what would make it take so long? Oh and yeah, I'm a student here on a year out.

OK. Well the link I provided is for British students. You'll have to contact the British version of USIT I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭d-arke

Kold wrote: »
    Rang USIT this morning who said they only deal with Irish passports. I'm entitled to an Irish passport but I want to get going by late February/early March so I want to secure a VISA before a waiting list starts building up. She said call the British equivalent of which she had no information..

Try this site:
    http://www.bunac.org/UK/workcanada/

Though it might only apply to UK residents. They may be able to help though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Yeah it looks like all those ways demand I be a British resident or in a British University, think I may apply for an Irish passport but I'll check with USIT first.

Advertisement