Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC alarm saab strobe and internal bell not working

• 05-01-2009 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

Hi, I am currently setting up my house alarm. Everything seems fine except for the internal bell and external saab strobe which have never worked. I have the saab connected inside the house with the external siren disconnected for sanity sake while testing. I have checked the fuses on the panel - all ok. Checked voltages at the saab end of line and it seems ok. I thought that maybe the strobe is at fault so I swopped out that module and replaced it with a spare lying around - still no joy. It seems i must be missing something as the internal bell is not working either.
    Any thoughts?
    B

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Disconnect the wires from the internal terminal. Put a multimeter on the internal outputs and switch the output from the output test option in engineer mode. If you have power then add one thing at a time until you know which item is faulty.
    If you don't get power from the terminal, check the fuses by removing them, be careful you don't short the PCB board. If the fuses are OK then you have more serious problem. It could be that you have blown a track on the back of the PCB board which is fixable with a soldering iron.

Advertisement