Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

30th Birthday party, need venue!!

Options
  • 05-01-2009 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

My boyfriend will be 30 in May and he decided last week that he'd have a party, well I talked him into it!! Now I'm the organiser but I haven't a clue where to start on the venue :rolleyes:

He's from the northside and I'm from the southside and some of his brothers and sisters have moved to the southside so we need somewhere central.
    It won't be a big party, I'd say about 50 ppl so I was thinking a pub's function room would prob be more practical than a hotel's one I'd say, I really have no clue where to start!!

Any advice would be VERY much appreciated!! :);)

Thanks to anyone who reads!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Rachob

Hey,

well my finace and I are planning an engagement party and also looking for a venue, the one place I have in mind is the upstairs of Shine on wexford street - fairly central, great late night place - would recommend you go in on a fri or sat night and check it out, good luck and please post if you find somewhere else - looking for some more options myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

Upstairs Toners Baggot Street is free if you have a certain number of people and they provide a barman.....

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Rachob

is it any good?

Yeah we hired a sound system for about 60 euro and brought our own cds....It's really central so loads of people popped in and ended staying

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭No1XtinaFan

Thaks guys, I'll look into both places :)

And Rachob I'll post in your thread if I come across anywhere else thanks ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭meowCat

dolliemix wrote: »
    Yeah we hired a sound system for about 60 euro and brought our own cds....It's really central so loads of people popped in and ended staying

From whom did you hire a sound system?

Sorry cant remember...it was about 3 years ago and we got his name in the golden pages

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭No1XtinaFan

Thanks for suggestions. I've booked Citi Bar on Dame st :)

Advertisement