Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kinspan TW50 Cost Query

• 05-01-2009 1:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone else has got a cost on KINGSPAN TW50 60mm lately?
    Blockwork is starting on house this week, finally. 11m x 12m 2 storey plus garage, I have started to call around suppliers & check web.

Sheets are 1.2 x .45, 60mm
    Coverage would be .54m2 per board or 3.78m2 per bale (7 per bale)

UK website has a bale of 7 at £26.53 + VAT or 3.79 + VAT ea.
    Thats 27.63 euro + VAT + delivery (no delivery to Republic on website) i'd guess min 33 euro a bale plus lead time of .......

I saw a thread elsewhere quoting Eur13 per m2 last summer, this would be 49.14 euro a bale, delivery etc. unknown.

I have been quoted from one N.I. supplier, 27.30 euro a bale delivered to site. Probably get a discount for bulk order, have to calculate m2 first :o

Anybody else currently purchasing the same. Just wondering is this actually a good price or has somebody else gotten TW50 for a cheaper price. Building in Louth by the way, close to the border, current exchange rates saving me a fortune :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

Paid €30 a bale last June for Xtratherm, sunny south east.
    €27 seems great value - fill your boots!

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭selfdiy

not fully certain without being at home,
    But I think I paid 7.70 plus vat per meter squared for the 60mm kingspan tw50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭Heatherview

Hi dfcelt
    Average price approx between €28.00 to €30.00 bale +vat 21.5%
    Dont forget the s/s wall ties @4 per M² (Carton [EMAIL="30@€5.65"]30) @€;5.65[/EMAIL] +vat21.5%

With quantity do it the irish way price around haggle.delivery usually within 2 days

Also you will require cavity closers in lens 2.4x100mmx25mm (25 in pack price not sure)
    Heatherview

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭dfcelt

Thanks all for replies, esp. Heatherview, completely forgot cavity closers.
    Got a few other prices back & all are in or around selfdiy's figure of 7.70 per m2 (29.11 a bale) plus VAT, so bit of a no brainer to go with original quote of 27.30 delivered (7.20 per m2).

This supplier has been cheapest for all products so far (mesh, drainage pipes,bags of cement etc) & delivery is usually 1 day or even on the day if you get them early enough. Can't get over the difference in N.I. versus Dundalk area prices, how certain firms are still trading is beyond me.

Time to haggle :D

Advertisement