Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

O2 Broadband - problem swapping from Vista to XP and back

• 05-01-2009 2:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 98 ✭✭

I purchased O2 broadband last year for use with a VISTA Machine

All was well and good until I connected the modem to an XP machine. This worked fine but when I re-connected the modem to the VISTA machine, I got an error message stating that the modem was "busy".

The modem still works fine on XP.

I have re-installed the modem and s/w on the VISTA machine a number of times. I even went back to a safe restore point before the XP machine showed up. The VISTA machine still sees the modem as "busy"

Please note that I can run diagnostics on the modem (all OK)
    I can QUERY the modem (all OK)
    I can launch the O2 broadband application and see a decent UMTS signal but when I go to CONNECT, I get the "busy" error message.

Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope.

Regards,

S.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Upgrade the Vista machine to XP.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭jimmyjim11

switch mine between vista x64 bit and xp never had that problem have you tried to update the firmware from o2
    http://www.o2online.ie/wps/wcm/connect/O2/Home/Personal/firmware+update

for the E270

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 98 ✭✭sirspamalot

Hi folks,

I have left the e220 in with o2 for replacement but they can't seem to find one for me. I believe the firware is up-to-date on the e220 but should I try to update it with the e270 code?

Not sure if I understand the last reply.

Regards,

S.

Advertisement