Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Duty Free smokes.....

• 05-01-2009 3:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭

Is there a differance between them and the packs you buy from a shop?
    As in quality. Im smoking some duty free packs at the moment, bought in Dublin, and to be hounest they are fecking horrible. I cant even finish the cig without feeling like gagging, throwing up and the feel of them is real weak. I had some of the same brand from a friends pack and they were fine.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭BigBenRoeth

There usually is a big difference in fags from here and from abroad.
    My parents got some duty free Rothmanns.
    Usually I hate them but the duty free ones tasted like Luckie's,so you can expect a big difference in taste and strength.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Ive always experienced the difference, but it was never enough to actually put me off them, in fact I quite liked the mild taste difference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

*Bump*

Just came across this and instead of begining a new thread I will continue with this one.

I think there is a huge difference between duty free B&H and shop bought, Its not even that B&H are different in each country its the rubbish they out in the duty free stuff.

If you take notice of the end of your packet when your next duty free pack is finished you will notice loads of loose crap at the bottom of the pack - this is not usually the same in shop bought fag's. They seem to burn quicker (tobacco is not rolled as tightly together) and the taste is crap.

I have heard that there are different grades put in thr duty free batches than the duty paid fag's.

Thoughts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 50euro

I found there are two different brands of B&H you can get duty free. I would imagine the ones you are on about are special filter. The benson at home are gold. Whenever i am getting duty free i always ask for the gold variety. I do find the special filter type are loosly packed and do burn quicker. Maybe thats what you noticed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

50euro wrote: »
    I found there are two different brands of B&H you can get duty free. I would imagine the ones you are on about are special filter. The benson at home are gold. Whenever i am getting duty free i always ask for the gold variety. I do find the special filter type are loosly packed and do burn quicker. Maybe thats what you noticed?

Its not just the B&H, my wife smokes silk cut purple and she complains about them too.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭artieanna

Its the same with the tobacco packs of golden virginia got some a few times and its stronger and cut alot finer... not as nice but wouldn't waste it all the same:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Duty free John Player Blue tastes exactly like the Canaries replica of John Player, Urban Blue. Noticeably weaker.

Advertisement