Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legal Traineeships: tips in relation to obtaining apprenticeships

Options
  • 05-01-2009 3:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hi guys, i was a regular poster on a different site on a similarly titled thread, which has subsequently been shut down several times by the administrator for some ridiculous reasons.
    Regardless, this is an attempt to start a similar thread.
    Anyone with info and tips re any upcoming interviews and other trainee related stuff, please feel free to post it here as a lot of people will benefit as they have done in the past, from any of the information which may be posted here. Thanks

Anyone have feedback on A&L and dillon eustace interviews, on what to expect??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭legallad

sid4lev wrote: »
    Hi guys, i was a regular poster on a different site on a similarly titled thread, which has subsequently been shut down several times by the administrator for some ridiculous reasons.
    Regardless, this is an attempt to start a similar thread.
    Anyone with info and tips re any upcoming interviews and other trainee related stuff, please feel free to post it here as a lot of people will benefit as they have done in the past, from any of the information which may be posted here. Thanks

Anyone have feedback on A&L and dillon eustace interviews, on what to expect??

Hey i was a member of a similar site possibly the same one shut down for use of bad langauge! Anyways regardless of that I have had interviews with two firms so far and another two this week one of which includes dillon eustace. From what i have experienced so far the tips i would provide are:

- know your cv/application form inside out. Be able to back up anything you have said in a bit more detail but dont start rambling
    - be able to answer why you chose to apply to this firm as opposed to others, use examples such as impressed with recruitment presentation etc
    - always relate any examples back to how this experience can be transferable to that firm
    - dont just concentrate on your academics as i am sure they are top notch if you have gotten an interview, they are looking for a well rounded enthusiastic indivdual
    - relate your skills to the core values of the firm such as integrity, teamwork etc and be able to give specific examples of how you applied these skills
    - know a small bit about the practice areas which the firm deal in
    - be able to talk about a weakness you have
    - be able to answer why they should give you a training contract above another individual
    - most importantly, and most common bit of advise given is be yourself, they will see straight through you if you are being economical with the truth

hope that helps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭sid4lev

legallad wrote: »
    Hey i was a member of a similar site possibly the same one shut down for use of bad langauge! Anyways regardless of that I have had interviews with two firms so far and another two this week one of which includes dillon eustace. From what i have experienced so far the tips i would provide are:

- know your cv/application form inside out. Be able to back up anything you have said in a bit more detail but dont start rambling
    - be able to answer why you chose to apply to this firm as opposed to others, use examples such as impressed with recruitment presentation etc
    - always relate any examples back to how this experience can be transferable to that firm
    - dont just concentrate on your academics as i am sure they are top notch if you have gotten an interview, they are looking for a well rounded enthusiastic indivdual
    - relate your skills to the core values of the firm such as integrity, teamwork etc and be able to give specific examples of how you applied these skills
    - know a small bit about the practice areas which the firm deal in
    - be able to talk about a weakness you have
    - be able to answer why they should give you a training contract above another individual
    - most importantly, and most common bit of advise given is be yourself, they will see straight through you if you are being economical with the truth

hope that helps!

yeh it was the same one....the language wasnt even that bad...i think that that was just an excuse as the thread was getting too long and the server was probably unable to process the information. thanks for the advice.
    good luck in your interviews...feel free to post feedback on them if you so desire. I have an offer so not that worried about upcoming interviews but others may find it useful...thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12 limboland

Hi all,

Just got an interview with William Fry and there's no information on their website about what their interview process is like-is it a group one?

I was just e-mailed saying congrats you have an interview on 6th January and there was no other information?

I've been refused out of Cox's, MOP and A&L already. This is my second year applying and i've all my FE1's done and graduated (without spectacular results!!) in 2007 so i've well and truly had enough of this whole process!

So any help would be appreciated because i've heard the horror stories of what these interviews can be like and I want to know what form of torture to expect.

On a brighter note, if they can offer an interview to someone whose results are as average as mine (and without a masters!) there may just be hope in the world

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Anipu

legallad wrote: »
    I have had interviews with two firms so far and another two this week one of which includes dillon eustace.

Hi legallad,

Any chance you could share some advice re your dillon eustace interview? I'd appreciate anything at all!

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 42 sarahchristinem

• Advertisement
Advertisement