Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox 360 transfer kit disc

• 05-01-2009 3:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭

Would anyone have one these for sale/loan/rent?

I got a present of a 120gb drive from the states and the software disc is region locked:(

I have the cable, it's just the disc I'm looking for.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

you should be able to download it somewhere id say.......ill have a look

edit......there's a thread on avforums website where they post the cables/disc to whoever wants it,might be worth a shot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

you should be able to download it somewhere id say.......ill have a look

I've tried everywhere, torrents newsgroups etc etc, cant find it anywhere :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

just sent ya a pm

replied

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I too am interested in one of these, have just ordered the 120 GB drive
    for €60 from DX.

http://pie.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055454322

• Advertisement

if you can help find a disc I'll gladly loan you the cable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 manigamer

• if you can help find a disc I'll gladly loan you the cable
    hey can nyone also help me out my prob is vice versa lol i got my kit from london but my console is usa :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

If you have the cable the you're sorted (as long as you have access to pc). just connect it to pc and use application called Xplorer360 (google it), copy 3 partitions to your pc hard drive and the copy to new hard drive.

Thats how I did it, worked ok without any problems

ok there is a slight more problem aswell :( i have a 60gb hdd instead of 120gb :S and the disc i got keeps on saying connect 120gb hdd :S can u even transfer from 20gb to 60gb ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

manigamer wrote: »
    ok there is a slight more problem aswell :( i have a 60gb hdd instead of 120gb :S and the disc i got keeps on saying connect 120gb hdd :S can u even transfer from 20gb to 60gb ?
    I don't think you can. I was thinking about picking one up when I saw the "for the Arcade" and reckoned there was something up.
    If you have the cable, you might be able to do the step mentioned earlier in the thread.
    docentore wrote:
    If you have the cable the you're sorted (as long as you have access to pc). just connect it to pc and use application called Xplorer360 (google it), copy 3 partitions to your pc hard drive and the copy to new hard drive.

Thats how I did it, worked ok without any problems

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

I have one I could sell for cheap.

u have one wat ? the data migration usa disc or the one used for transferring 60gb hdds ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

The data migration usb and disc set.

thanks but i think ill try the xplorer idea since i have a 60gb and i did get to work the pal disc with a pal console but it kept on saying attach a 120gb hdd so i think that with that 120gb hdd kit u can only transfer to a 120gb hdd from 20gb :S not to 60gb :( i hope xplorer360 does something here

thanks but i think ill try the xplorer idea since i have a 60gb and i did get to work the pal disc with a pal console but it kept on saying attach a 120gb hdd so i think that with that 120gb hdd kit u can only transfer to a 120gb hdd from 20gb :S not to 60gb :( i hope xplorer360 does something here

It does, I used it to back up my hard drive, worked without probs.
    some reading: click!
    there is a link to download the application

thanks :D i just dlded it already beta 6 :) should i get this 0.9 one instead ?

thanks :D i just dlded it already beta 6 :) should i get this 0.9 one instead ?

I was using beta6, just googled that link second ago. ask if you have any questions.

and remember, as long as you didn't delete anything of your 20gb hdd you're secured. just mirror the folder structure onto new hdd

ok thanks i just hooked up my 60gb hdd and its being detected !

so il transfer from 20gb to 60gb hdd and will let u guys know if i occur any problems..

this forum was a GREAT HELP ! THANKS

well i finally started to copy over my 20gb hdd data over to my 60gb hdd but i realized that i can attach 1 hdd at a time and well what to do :S copy all the stuff over to some place and tehn attach the other 60gb hdd and copy over again ? also we make an image of the 20gb hdd and then restore image onto the 60gb hdd ? also i dont know why but my xplorer 360 kinda gets stuck sometimes at times and wont move when restoring especially :( is that a bug or something :S im using beta6

try to do one folder at time. I had some problems, but that seemed to work

• Advertisement

umm u mean i try to drag and drop the partition 0, 2 and 3 one by one onto a seperate hdd and then copy them back over to my new hdd ? overwriting the files if any ?

well, yes. One folder at the time, starting from first partition then second etc. just make sure that folder structure is the same. It shouldn't take longer than 1 hour alltogether.

If the 60gb is new hdd there shouldn't be any files on that. If you just want to make exact copy of 20gb format 60gb hd in the console before copying stuff.

hmm, ok thanks so i have to go in the partitions and then drag and drop each and every file :P damn thats hard coz i have like more than 150 folders in partition 2 or was it 3 alone haha

Advertisement